Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

Well, my wife and I just made a booking for premium settlement on the UKBA website. We are still in the USA but leaving in the next few days.

My questions is, the booking was made for my wife's ILR and after we got the confirmation of day and time, the text that got our attention stated "Number of people attending: 1 "

I was hoping to go with my wife to this appointment to support her as well because I am the sponsor so why they assumed number of people attending is only 1 (i.e her).

The appoint check-list states "Do not bring anyone else; they will not be seen. "

Does that mean I cannot accompany her?

Thanks,

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
Hello:

Well, my wife and I just made a booking for premium settlement on the UKBA website. We are still in the USA but leaving in the next few days.

My questions is, the booking was made for my wife's ILR and after we got the confirmation of day and time, the text that got our attention stated "Number of people attending: 1 "

I was hoping to go with my wife to this appointment to support her as well because I am the sponsor so why they assumed number of people attending is only 1 (i.e her).

The appoint check-list states "Do not bring anyone else; they will not be seen. "

Does that mean I cannot accompany her?
No, it doesn't mean that. You can and should accompany your wife, as recommended by UKBA.

What they refer to is the number of applications being submitted at the same time. If, for example, your wife had a child from previous relationship who was being accepted for settlement at the same time, you should reserve a slot for two applications. In that scenario, if you only booked a slot suitable for one applicant, your wife's application would be processed but not her child's.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it doesn't mean that. You can and should accompany your wife, as recommended by UKBA.

What they refer to is the number of applications being submitted at the same time. If, for example, your wife had a child from previous relationship who was being accepted for settlement at the same time, you should reserve a slot for two applications. In that scenario, if you only booked a slot suitable for one applicant, your wife's application would be processed but not her child's.
Thanks Joppa, you took away this concern from our mind :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.