Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am a Mexican engineer, Im new in this forum, so the reason Im here is because Im looking foward to move to the UK to join my british partner, we met in Brazil and live together for 6 months where we were doing an intership.

We have been looking the options I have for get a visa so we can be together again, and so far the most suitable would be trying a TIER2 Visa getting an sponsoship from a company, I am a mechanical engineer with 3 years experience working in the manufacturing field, I saw my profession is on the shortage ocuppation list so "would be easy to get one", Im sending applications to companies, but so far I havent got any interview.

So I would like to know if there´s someone here that was in a similar position than me so could give me some advice, or if theres an easy and better way to get a visa, we saw theres a marriage visa, but I can´t work during 6 months and I dont want that.

Is it possible to get the TIER2 visa or its really difficult or imposible, I wanna know if I should keep trying or I am just loosing my time.

PS: I would like to move around the southampton area.

Thanks in advance for your answers

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
If your job is on the shortage list, one of the major hurdles of employing a foreigner is removed, namely the resident labour market test, to show there is no one who doesn't require a visa sponsorship who can do the job (by advertising the post and showing no one suitable applied). You still have to find an employer willing to sponsor you, and it can still be an onerous obligation which most employers prefer not to take on. So the crux of the matter is your skills and qualifications are really in demand and there are employers willing to go through sponsorship in order to hire you. You should find out from any UK contact what the job situation is really like, and who may be willing to offer visa sponsorship.
You haven't lived together for two years so unmarried partner visa is out. So that only leaves marriage, either in UK or elsewhere and get a visa to live in UK as spouse. Your partner must be earning at least £18,600 (financial requirement) plus you need to evidence genuine, committed relationship and availability of suitable accommodation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.