Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just spent the best part of an hour reading the French government website and the UK government website for details of the requirements of both governments in respect of vaccinations and certificates of accommodation etc. I am none the wiser and mightily confused.

The specifics of the visit - one male fully vaccinated parent with two children, one under twelve, the other over 12.
They will be staying in our house.
1) does the 12+ year old require vaccination or just a negative PCR test for Covid?
2) do they need the "attestation d'acceuil" - one website says yes, the other says no, just a letter from us?

Does anyone have specific and recent experience of this and/or can point me to the definitive place for information.

Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have just spent the best part of an hour reading the French government website and the UK government website for details of the requirements of both governments in respect of vaccinations and certificates of accommodation etc. I am none the wiser and mightily confused.

The specifics of the visit - one male fully vaccinated parent with two children, one under twelve, the other over 12.
They will be staying in our house.
1) does the 12+ year old require vaccination or just a negative PCR test for Covid?
2) do they need the "attestation d'acceuil" - one website says yes, the other says no, just a letter from us?

Does anyone have specific and recent experience of this and/or can point me to the definitive place for information.

Thanks
And me, why they dont date stamp these statements is a mystery, it would be so much clearer. Is this any help

COVID-19: rules for travel between France and the UK - France in the United Kingdom - La France au Royaume-Uni (ambafrance.org)

Seems like an unvaccinated 12 yr old needs a test

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I am going the other way and my problem is that most of the UK government guidance seems to say that the EU vaccination certificate is accepted, which is what you'd expect. So on that thinking, as of yesterday no pre travel test is required because you are classed as fully vaccinated. But then I unwisely clicked on something that specified what was acceptable as proof of being fully vaccinated and it said that the document you use needs to state the dates of both vaccinations. Which the EU pass doesn't.
Do they purposely make sure that everything they say in one place is contradicted in another place, do you think?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am going the other way and my problem is that most of the UK government guidance seems to say that the EU vaccination certificate is accepted, which is what you'd expect. So on that thinking, as of yesterday no pre travel test is required because you are classed as fully vaccinated. But then I unwisely clicked on something that specified what was acceptable as proof of being fully vaccinated and it said that the document you use needs to state the dates of both vaccinations. Which the EU pass doesn't.
Do they purposely make sure that everything they say in one place is contradicted in another place, do you think?
Its a bloody nightmare, when making our arrangements to visit at the end of this month, the UK,Gov.co site had three contradictions in it. Its the least informative site there is

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Its a bloody nightmare, when making our arrangements to visit at the end of this month, the UK,Gov.co site had three contradictions in it. Its the least informative site there is
Can I ask which way you are tending, do you think a pre travel test is necessary or not?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Can I ask which way you are tending, do you think a pre travel test is necessary or not?
I've never been clear at explaining things, sorry, I'm travelling from the UK, so we dont have to have a test to leave the uk, as we're both double jabbed, we need a test within two days of arrival back in the UK.
Have I cocked up the answer you wanted:)

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I've never been clear at explaining things, sorry, I'm travelling from the UK, so we dont have to have a test to leave the uk, as we're both double jabbed, we need a test within two days of arrival back in the UK.
Have I cocked up the answer you wanted:)
Okay so you have NHS health passes?
I'm going from France to the UK, I'm double jabbed and I have an EU health pass which I am fairly sure the UK accepts but it would be nice if they made it clear.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm going from France to the UK, I'm double jabbed and I have an EU health pass which I am fairly sure the UK accepts but it would be nice if they made it clear.
They cant allow to be as clever as them now, can they👍🤣

·
Registered
353 Posts
Do you have the pass on your phone ET? When I open mine the ”Passe” does not have a date but I can look at my certificates of vaccination and they do show the dates. It tells me the date and the type of vaccine.

We are helping a couple fill in their forms to travel back this weekend, my research tells me that you can scan your health pass and add it to the form which should suffice. I really don’t think you need a test.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I have my health pass and I have the certificate for my second vaccination in France; with the date on, stating that it's the second vaccination. But the first vaccination was in Wales so obviously France hasn't given me a certificate for that, and nor has the UK, all they gave me was a little card filled in by hand which I don't think anybody accepts. And the NHS website doesn't seem to issue anything at all if it doesn't have you recorded as double jabbed in the UK.
I'm travelling back this weekend too. I've filled in most of the forms but I didn't find anywhere I could add my health pass. There was somewhere - I think it was on the advance passenger information thing - where you can add documents to do with your vaccination status but it specifically said don't add a health pass or if you do it will be deleted.

Maybe I'd better do a test just to be safe.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have my health pass and I have the certificate for my second vaccination in France; with the date on, stating that it's the second vaccination. But the first vaccination was in Wales so obviously France hasn't given me a certificate for that, and nor has the UK, all they gave me was a little card filled in by hand which I don't think anybody accepts. And the NHS website doesn't seem to issue anything at all if it doesn't have you recorded as double jabbed in the UK.
I'm travelling back this weekend too. I've filled in most of the forms but I didn't find anywhere I could add my health pass. There was somewhere - I think it was on the advance passenger information thing - where you can add documents to do with your vaccination status but it specifically said don't add a health pass or if you do it will be deleted.

Maybe I'd better do a test just to be safe.
I cant find any info about being jabbed in two different countries, only that there should be a QR code available to you from the NHS, which is then transferable.

"People vaccinated in the UK can now import their NHS QR code into the TousAntiCovid app. You can also present a digital or paper NHS certificate showing your full vaccine status."

From...

COVID-19: rules for travel between France and the UK - France in the United Kingdom - La France au Royaume-Uni (ambafrance.org)

Unvaccinated, need, as you say, a negative test

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I did look at the NHS website a while back but it seemed very clear that you need to have had both your jabs in the UK in order to get a QR code.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Flippin 'eck, Oh well, nothings simple eh? Unless you can get a 2nd French jab
Can't even do that because over here you can't have your third or "booster" until at least 6 months after your second jab, and my second was in May.
But I need to get back to Wales quick because my MOT runs out next week which I'd forgotten all about. Well actually I was sure I'd had her MOT'd in March just before I set off but apparently I didn't, I know I took her to the garage but it must have just been for a service. It's a good job something jogged me into checking. No nothing's simple and it doesn't help when you start forgetting what you've done and what you haven't.

·
Registered
579 Posts
From all the accounts I've read the actual checking of passes, certificates, etc is carried out at the check-in by the transport company, whether it's ferry, airline or Eurotunnel. So I'd be inclined to find out exactly what they demand to let you on the boat, plane or train - and how they check it (does it have to be uploaded before check-in, for example?). Obviously I can't say that definitively, but it's a good place to start. Good luck, y'all.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Can't even do that because over here you can't have your third or "booster" until at least 6 months after your second jab, and my second was in May.
But I need to get back to Wales quick because my MOT runs out next week which I'd forgotten all about. Well actually I was sure I'd had her MOT'd in March just before I set off but apparently I didn't, I know I took her to the garage but it must have just been for a service. It's a good job something jogged me into checking. No nothing's simple and it doesn't help when you start forgetting what you've done and what you haven't.
I use this, as, most of the time, I dont know what day it is, never mind when the MOT is up.
Get MOT reminders - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

·
Registered
270 Posts
From all the accounts I've read the actual checking of passes, certificates, etc is carried out at the check-in by the transport company, whether it's ferry, airline or Eurotunnel. So I'd be inclined to find out exactly what they demand to let you on the boat, plane or train - and how they check it (does it have to be uploaded before check-in, for example?). Obviously I can't say that definitively, but it's a good place to start. Good luck, y'all.
Yep, good one. We've just followed Eurotunnels advice

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Back to topic.
Has anyone any experience of being required to show the infamous "Attestation d' Acceuil"? the websites I have consulted all seem to imply this is required but earlier this year I read somewhere that it wasn't being enforced - simply a letter from the host in France for the UK visitors.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
IIRC, when Noblesse's husband visited her, whilst he had the attestation no one even looked at it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts