Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can someone please advise if I am able to sponsor my Elderly Aunty to come visit our familly in the UK for 3 months. She is a Pakistani National.

What doucments will I require and what is the application process. Where do I apply?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
She will absolutely need to show proof of ongoing ties to Pakistan, including any kind of support or assistance she receives, or family ties there.

Also, proof of funds to maintain a three month visit. It would be wise to include a budget sheet for meals/accommodation/transport/etc. and a recent bank statement which shows the ability to cover all expenses.

Do make sure to include a letter from yourself inviting her to stay with you through the specific dates, at your address, and invite the ECO to contact you with any questions at a phone number and email address.

I would also encourage her to send a photocopy of your passport bio pages just to confirm your identity.

The application is done online: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

She can either apply herself or you can do so on her behalf ("apply for someone else"), but it's probably better for her to fill in her own application (with your guidance) since she will need to sign it when it's printed anyway.

On an honest note, I don't know how likely it is you'll be granted a visit visa for three months for an elderly relative (assuming she's not in full-time employment to support herself). Pakistan is considered a high-risk country and three months is a long stay. It will come down to whether or not she (or you, if you're covering the finances) has sufficient funds to support her stay, and especially, whether or not she has very strong reasons which require her to return to Pakistan.

Reactions: adeel467

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard that only blood relatives can sponsor a family member to visit? i.e Mother, Father, Son, Daughter? Is that right?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
No, friends/extended relatives invite one another all the time. It's not really a true "sponsorship" since a sponsor isn't needed for a visit visa, just someone to show that they're going to pay for it (if not the applicant).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.