Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went on my first visit to the UK and applied to stay for only 2weeks but was given a 6months multiple visa but stayed for about 4months instead of the 2weeks intended due to some complicstions..but did not overstay the 6months....i came back a month to the visa expiration....... I want to know will it affect my next application for a visit visa even tho I did not overstay?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
So I went on my first visit to the UK and applied to stay for only 2weeks but was given a 6months multiple visa but stayed for about 4months instead of the 2weeks intended due to some complicstions..but did not overstay the 6months....i came back a month to the visa expiration....... I want to know will it affect my next application for a visit visa even tho I did not overstay?
General (Visitor) Visa is issued for 6 months and allows entry at any time within the the dates contained on the Visa. Your 4 month stay is within the period you were granted and will not affect future application.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first visit was to visit a friend and this one is to visit my husband who I met through my visit... We got married just recently and this visit is to just go for a visit to see my husband before we apply for spouse visa since I have to return back to school for my final exams

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the first visit was from last year august 26th 2014 and was to expire 26th of february 2015. I left on the 12th 2014 of September and returned on the 3rd of February 2015
I recently got married on the 1st of April in Ghana year where my husband came over with his entirely family for the wedding ceremony but our time after our marriage was short since he had to return after a week after our wedding for work
He wants me to come for a visit for a month this June to early July for a month.. Since I have to return back by the 10th of July to write my final exam
So I am wondering if my previous visit will still affect this recent visit visa I will be going for?

·
Registered
80 Posts
So the first visit was from last year august 26th 2014 and was to expire 26th of february 2015. I left on the 12th 2014 of September and returned on the 3rd of February 2015
I recently got married on the 1st of April in Ghana year where my husband came over with his entirely family for the wedding ceremony but our time after our marriage was short since he had to return after a week after our wedding for work
He wants me to come for a visit for a month this June to early July for a month.. Since I have to return back by the 10th of July to write my final exam
So I am wondering if my previous visit will still affect this recent visit visa I will be going for?
You haven't broke any rules,so shouldn't be any problem especially if you go to visit your husband.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Did you apply for the visa in advance? It's possible that if you told them you were planning to stay for two weeks and then stayed for four months, it could affect. This is despite the fact that you didn't overstay.

You said you stayed the additional three and a half months due to complications, it would be wise to mention those reasons in any future applications.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes will definitely state that.... It makes more sense to state the reason even tho I have not broken any rules. Thanks so much for your help ..will see how it goes xx

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You didn't overstay technically if you made full use of your 6-month visit leave, but you can be accused of dishonesty if you declared a shorter stay and subsequently extended it without unavoidable reasons, such as falling seriously ill or having to look after a sick relative. So it boils down to the question of honesty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So even tho didn't overstay they could deny my a visa to visit my husband because I stayed more than I intended to the first one... There's no way around it?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You should declare it, explain why you did it and apologise for dishonesty and take full responsibility. They may just overlook it, but you can't count on it.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
We recently had somebody who had their visa denied because previously they stayed longer than what they had stated on their application, though didn't overstay.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Not overstayed, which can get you an outright ban, but dishonestly stayed longer than originally stated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes i quite well understand the outcome of over staying ..i had no intentions of that as i needed to get back to school ASAP. Because school had only approved of the 2weeks so had to sort that out with my college as had so much to catch up on ...Yes will add that in my letter ...stating why I stayed longer than my intended stay of the 2weeks ...should I add an apology?
I just felt it would not be a problem as long as didn't over stay the 6 months

One more question... Why is that when you are returning from the UK your passport showing your date of return isn't stamped.. Even though I went through all immigration services.... On my return my passport was not stamped showing my return or is it already documented somehow?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
They have now started checking passports on the way out (exit control) by the immigration, not just the check-in staff.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On my first visit to the UK ... A British friend invited me as a general visitor where I intended to stay for just 2weeks but ended up staying for 4 and a half months but came back before the 6months meaning I did not overstay

It was through that visit that I met my then husband who we then got married early last month

Now I don't want to apply for spouse visa yet as we don't meet the financial requirements yet....and also because I have my exams on late July ..I plan to go for a family visa for a months from school again ....with a letter from my school indicating it

I just recently made an application and stated truthfully the exact time I travelled on the 6months visa and exact time of return to my country and will be submitting supporting documents personally on

I am also going to get my family solicitor to write and state the reasons why I stayed longer than the 2weeks intended and add the name and contact details of my friend who I visited the first time for any confirmations and also the indication he still sponsored me during that time of stay

I want to ask
1. Do I still need a letter from school or is it not really necessary now since I'm married and applying for a spouse visa. And if I need a letter from school will just a letter be enough and ID card

2. Can they give me a 10years ban even tho I did not overstay my first visa but just stayed longer than the 2weeks intended even if I am.admitting it and giving reasons for it?

3. Since my parents still take care of me back home and pay my fees will just a consent letter from them with their marriage and birth certificates be enough for showing strong family ties

4. Can I get my friends who I visited the first time call home office or send a letter to home office now explaining why I stayed longer than the 2weeks or just his contact details is OK in case they want to contact him themselves

5. Do I stand a good chance of my visa being approved especially since its a visit to my husband now?

Please I need an answer soon .thank you x

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.