Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has experience in this niche situation.

My UAE visa and passport are in process, due to be stamped and returned to me by 28 July. I have a trip planned back to the UK leaving 29 July. I have two British passports so in theory if there is some delay, I can use my e-gate Skywards card to exit and my second passport on entry to UK. My questions:

- Will this in any way invalidate/delay my visa process or cause me any other issues with UAE immigration department?
- Will my e-gate Skywards card still work?
- Do I need to get a new e-gate resident card once my visa is complete?

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
You're probably better off talking to the DNRD or the British embassy than asking an internet forum.

Do you want to trust people like me with something that could potentially mess up your future if they don't let you back in?

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Your egate is tied into your visa. As far as I am aware, it is automatically cancelled when the visa it relates to is cancelled. Speak with your PRO, but I think if the visa is stamped in your passport, you can travel.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Your egate is tied into your visa. As far as I am aware, it is automatically cancelled when the visa it relates to is cancelled. Speak with your PRO, but I think if the visa is stamped in your passport, you can travel.
Agreed - I was traveling with a friend to Qatar through DXB recently and he tried to use his E-gate card that he had on his previous visa and it did not work.
He had to get a brand new E-gate card.
My advice - don't try to buck the system using old E-gate card or 2nd passport - because immigration could take a dim view and think you are trying to abscond from the country.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
279 Posts
UAE Immigration's computer system works on a unique key system called the UID number. Your UID number is linked to your name, DOB, passport number, visa and nationality - any variance in these will result in a different UID being assigned and your entry/exit records becoming scrambled.

If your e-Gate is linked to the passport number that is presently with immigration for visa processing, exiting the UAE will immediately show that UID as having exited the country and your visa application will be considered abandoned. If your e-Gate is linked to the other passport number, exiting will not cause a problem but you will create a problem later down the line when you enter on the passport not linked to the residence visa and then stay over 30 days.

All of this can be sorted out, but be prepared to spend many hours in immigration offices while people look at your passport as if your picture shows you with two heads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts