Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have applied for uk settlement visa. My biometric was done on 14-7-17 and documents was sent for Sheffield on 26-07-17 and documents were sent back on 25/08/17 but till now I have not got any updates .should I wait for complete 60 working days or can expect before that

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have applied for uk settlement visa. My biometric was done on 14-7-17 and documents was sent for Sheffield on 26-07-17 and documents were sent back on 25/08/17 but till now I have not got any updates .should I wait for complete 60 working days or can expect before that
Did you opt for Priority or Non-Priority?

I'd wait 60 days and fingers crossed you hear back from them, if not then get the local MP involved and get them to pester HO for an update on the application.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received mail today saying that my visa is not straight forward and they new time to decide
How long will it take its already 3 months now

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
There is no published target for complex cases (as defined by Home Office). So you can wait indefinitely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any idea how long will they take to process the application after saying that the application is not straight forward

·
Registered
556 Posts
Any idea how long will they take to process the application after saying that the application is not straight forward
There are no time-frames, just pray you hear back before 31st October - but you should prepare yourself to the fact you might be waiting a while.

·
Registered
122 Posts

I've been waiting 6 months. My biometrics were in April and I received the not straight forward email in July. I hope you're not as unlucky as me but my advice would be prepare yourself for a long wait.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been waiting 6 months. My biometrics were in April and I received the not straight forward email in July. I hope you're not as unlucky as me but my advice would be prepare yourself for a long wait.

Hope we will get the visa soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.