Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Urgent visa refusal.. please help!! :(

Dear All,

I am urgent need of assistance. My wife is a Pakistani citizen and I am a British citizen and her visa has been refused due to my financial reasons; see the attachment visa office refusal letter. I had changed jobs in September 2014 so even though I did provide 8 month’s payslips; they wanted 6 from previous where I had only provided 5 months from previous and 3 from new. Going forward; I know a full appeal is a very long time and don’t want to wait many more long months. There is the administrative review. Is this a possible option to do an administrative review and provide the documents they need (literally they need 1 wage slip) or will I have to do the whole process again :(.. please advise?

Kind regards
Ehsan

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dear all,

After a long wait, my wife’s visa got refused, see the attached imaged for refusal letter. I am in the process of applying again and just have the following questions

1. Will reapply take longer than the normal recommended 3 months?
2. I earn more than £18,600 but just enough slips weren’t provided. it states that I now have to show 21,000+ in saving. Is this because they think I didn’t meet the wage slips requirements or will I have to now show more wage slips and also saving?
3. Will they be a lot more thorough with the new application?
4. We showed emails, text messages conversations, I presume all this has to be updated
5. I haven’t been back to Pakistan to see my wife for over 14 months, will they put me down for this or its fine as long as we shown constant communications

Thanks
Ehsan

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi
I'm no expert but I think you are reading it wrong.
They say based on your payslips they can take only that much salary into account (which works out to be less than 18600) so you needed to have topped it up with savings.
They do not take the first 16000 of savings into consideration.
So whatever the difference between your wages and 18600 is you multiply it by 2.5 and add 16000 to it - this what your savings would have needed to be like.

But I think when you reapply/appeal you need the same 18600 plus all updated documents.
As i personally see it you need 6 months of payslips + corresponding bank statements for the past 6 months, but just give them more...at least 8, especially if 1 or 2 are missing.

Hope this helps..

·
Registered
924 Posts
Dear all,

After a long wait, my wife’s visa got refused, see the attached imaged for refusal letter. I am in the process of applying again and just have the following questions

1. Will reapply take longer than the normal recommended 3 months?
2. I earn more than £18,600 but just enough slips weren’t provided. it states that I now have to show 21,000+ in saving. Is this because they think I didn’t meet the wage slips requirements or will I have to now show more wage slips and also saving?
3. Will they be a lot more thorough with the new application?
4. We showed emails, text messages conversations, I presume all this has to be updated
5. I haven’t been back to Pakistan to see my wife for over 14 months, will they put me down for this or its fine as long as we shown constant communications

Thanks
Ehsan
Since your application will be studied in more detail, processing time can take a little longer than usual.

To prove your finances using Catagory A, you need 6 months of payslips and 6 months of matching bank statements showing the deposits. Each month has to be at least 1550 GBP before taxes each to average out to the 18,600 required. You also need a letter from your employer, your employment contract, and a current P60 if available.

You need to show logs of your communications to show consistent contact between you both for the whole time period you've been apart.

It would be best if you post a list of your documentation prior to sending it out, so people can review it and let you know if anything is missing or unnecessary.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
I have merged your posts. Please don't duplicate post.

You were turned down solely for not meeting the financial requirement. If you now meet the requirement under Category A by having been employed in your new job 6 months or more and earning earning at least £18,600/year then you can reapply. If you meet the requirement under Category A you do not need to show any savings. For Category A you need your most recent 6 pay slips, 6 bank statements showing your pay being deposited and a letter of employment. You do not need to send more than 6 and sending more can only cause confusion. Make sure you have your 6 most recent original pay slips and original bank statements.

As well as showing that you've been communicating, you should comment in your letter of sponsorship as to why you've been separated like work commitments, unable to take time off due to trying to meet the financial requirement etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all,

Thanks for the reply, these are all the documents I submitted originally

Evidence of accommodation
• Statutory declaration from my parents regarding house and my living
• Copies of parents passports
• House survey report done on the 01/09/2014
• Mortgage states from Jan 2014 to Dec 2014

Evidence of employment
• Current job letter from HR showing employment
• Wage slips (3 months)
• Previous job letters from HR showing employment
• P60 2013-2014

Evidence of finance and savings
• Bank states from May 2014 to December 2014
• One account had end balance of £2,750.71 and other account had £13,384.72

Evidence of genuine & subsisting relationship
• Original marriage certificate
• English translation of marriage certificate
• Wedding photos
• Extensive emails records
• Telephone records
• Money transfer scripts
• Plane tickets from when I got married in Feb 2014 (I haven’t been back to see my wife as she completed her masters in July, then I moved house during summer 2014. Then after a few months we did an attic conversion to make rooms show space from my family and wife. I then changed jobs in September then was busy gathering papers to apply. Was planning to go when she go the visa but that hasn’t happened now.

Declaration of sponsorship
• 2 pages explaining what evidence I have provided for sponsorship

Additional documents (added by my wife)
• TB test – expires in July
• A2 English test – states valid for 2 years https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...150406_immigration_rules_appendix_o_final.pdf
• My wife’s original passports

I did go through a solicitor who advised and check my documents but seems like they did not check the finance as I had 12 month worth of payslips at home but just wasn’t advised on. (said all was fine for submission) :(.. So it seems like I have to go through all the added stress and pressure because of 1 payslip :(. Please advise that the list I have provided is fine and it’s just a matter of proving correct bank states and slips (I have been at my current job for 8 months, so will show 8 payslips and 8 bank statements. I’m just worried now they may pick on something else other than finance :(

Thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for the reply, these are all the documents I submitted originally

Evidence of accommodation
• Statutory declaration from my parents regarding house and my living
• Copies of parents passports
• House survey report done on the 01/09/2014
• Mortgage states from Jan 2014 to Dec 2014

Evidence of employment
• Current job letter from HR showing employment
• Wage slips (3 months)
• Previous job letters from HR showing employment
• P60 2013-2014

Evidence of finance and savings
• Bank states from May 2014 to December 2014
• One account had end balance of £2,750.71 and other account had £13,384.72

Evidence of genuine & subsisting relationship
• Original marriage certificate
• English translation of marriage certificate
• Wedding photos
• Extensive emails records
• Telephone records
• Money transfer scripts
• Plane tickets from when I got married in Feb 2014 (I haven’t been back to see my wife as she completed her masters in July, then I moved house during summer 2014. Then after a few months we did an attic conversion to make rooms show space from my family and wife. I then changed jobs in September then was busy gathering papers to apply. Was planning to go when she go the visa but that hasn’t happened now.

Declaration of sponsorship
• 2 pages explaining what evidence I have provided for sponsorship

Additional documents (added by my wife)
• TB test – expires in July
• A2 English test – states valid for 2 years https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...150406_immigration_rules_appendix_o_final.pdf
• My wife’s original passports

I did go through a solicitor who advised and check my documents but seems like they did not check the finance as I had 12 month worth of payslips at home but just wasn’t advised on. (said all was fine for submission) :(.. So it seems like I have to go through all the added stress and pressure because of 1 payslip :(. Please advise that the list I have provided is fine and it’s just a matter of proving correct bank states and slips (I have been at my current job for 8 months, so will show 8 payslips and 8 bank statements. I’m just worried now they may pick on something else other than finance :(

Thanks
How much did you pay the solicitor?

If you send 1 extra payslip, you are still likely to get refused. You need to submit a minimum of 6 months payslips and 6 bank statements.

If your solicitor failed to advise you on probably one of the most important aspects of the application, then, they can't be professional enough or knowledgable enough in Immigration Law.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
5 months from previous job and 3 from new job :(.. I will go back to the solicitors and complain and demand refund :mad:.. So reviewing my papers if I had submitted payslip and statement for April 2014 I would have been fine? Also what is the reason for them adding up my wage slips? Because I did not have 6 months, they look at 12 months gross income? So going forward, looking at the list I have whats the best advise going forward as I now have unnecessary stress and pressure in my life :(

Thanks

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
If you are not with your current employer for at least six months, you need to apply under Cat. B and supply documentation for a full 12 mos. Your gross income must total at least £18,600.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok that fine. I have been with current employer since September 15th 2014 so it’s now been 8 months. So going forward and being safe I will submit 8 payslips and 8 corresponding bank statements showing wages coming into the account. (As I stared in September 15th so may not consider that as a full month). In regards to the list I have provided, would you advise on adding anything else or list look fine and I have covered all other main requirements?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Ok that fine. I have been with current employer since September 15th 2014 so it’s now been 8 months. So going forward and being safe I will submit 8 payslips and 8 corresponding bank statements showing wages coming into the account. (As I stared in September 15th so may not consider that as a full month). In regards to the list I have provided, would you advise on adding anything else or list look fine and I have covered all other main requirements?
Category A requires that you have been employed with the same employer for at least the last 6 months. Send your 6 most recent pay slips, 6 bank statements showing the pay being deposited, letter of employment, P60 and contract. Do not send extra "to be safe". It doesn't make your case stronger and could just cause confusion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.