Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am currently trying to get my visa application through for the UK Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme.

I was filling out the online application last night, when I noticed my place of birth is misspelled on my passport. Instead of reading 'Hastings,' it reads 'Hastngs.'

I've heard a lot about these visa applications getting rejected due to mistakes made on the forms and am worried that this could cause me some trouble. Does anyone have any idea whether this would be an issue?

There's been a lot said recently of people waiting 6+ weeks and hearing nothing back regarding their application, despite the expected time frame being 3 weeks. With only 7 weeks until I leave I want to get this in ASAP and hence would prefer to avoid getting a new passport (which I would have pay double the normal rate for to get within 3 working days). I did call Passports NZ and they don't believe this invalidates the passport.

Also if I were to proceed, would it be recommended that I fill the 'Place of Birth' section as per my passport (Hastngs) or as per what my actual place of birth is (Hastings)? I thought about mentioning this in the additional information section, but feel it may make the matter worse and draw attention to the mistake.

Would really appreciate some advice on this, thanks!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
I don't think it matters frankly. It's best to enter the place of birth as on your passport but it's not a biggie. Spelling of your name, for example, would be a different matter and merits getting your passport reissued.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.