Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am from the US and my fiance is from the UK. I recently applied for and was granted a UK fiance visa. I am currently in the UK. My fiance and I had every intention to get married and settle in the UK. Due to some unforeseen events, I must relocate back to the US. My fiance will hopefully be joining me there as well.

She would ideally like to apply for a US fiance visa, get married there, and then adjust her status.

What problems for the future would it cause if I didn't act on my fiance visa? Would it even be possible for her to obtain a US fiance visa while I currently have one for the UK?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Spencer

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The US should return to the US and file for va fiancee visa
the UK cit waits in the UK

for a fiancee visa
K1 Visa Process Flowchart and Timeline

US Citizen can apply for a special visa to allow a non-citizen (their fiancée) to enter the country in order to get married to a US citizen inside the US.

Once issued, the K1 visa will allow the non-citizen to enter the United States legally, for 90 days in order for the marriage ceremony to take place. Once you marry, the non-citizen can remain in the US and may apply for permanent residence. While USCIS processes the application, the non-citizen can remain in the US legally
The US citizen income must meet the require minimum to fulfill the affidavit of support
currently$19400

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the reply Davis1.

Just to clarify, will my fiancee have any difficulty being granted a US K1 visa seeing as I currently have a UK fiancee visa? Or are the two mutually exclusive? Will I incur any repercussions for not following through and getting married on my UK visa?

Thank you again,

Spencer

·
Registered
6,370 Posts

Just to clarify, will my fiancee have any difficulty being granted a US K1 visa seeing as I currently have a UK fiancee visa? Or are the two mutually exclusive? Will I incur any repercussions for not following through and getting married on my UK visa?

Thank you again,

Spencer
You may want to ask this in the UK forum.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts

Thank you again,

Spencer
Pedople change your mind all the time ..
you dont havre to use any visa
its just money you lost

1 - 6 of 6 Posts