Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My girlfriend and I are currently living in Australia, I am Australian and she is English. We have both used our respective working holiday visas, so for the past 3 years I have been my girlfriends sponsor in Australia on the unmarried partner visa.

We have planned to return to the U.K at the end of August so we applied for the visa in early May. During our application the website was a shambles, we found it hard to gather all the information we wanted and the site actually said it was being updated which may cause problems.

We ended up sending the application and some weeks later we find out it was rejected. We were surprised as we have never had problems with any visas including the Australian equivalent. So we gather all the extra documents we needed (however this time it was more clear as they stated what they actually needed).

So pretty confident with the appeal we send it off, and then hear back some weeks later stating they they have received the documents. Now they say they have to wait for the original case documents to be sent from the ECO, who is based in Manila. It says the Tribunal will get in touch with us after 28/09/15 and then there may be another 8 weeks, so we could be looking until the end of November before we find out.

My girlfriend is due to start her studies in September so now we are not sure if we can take the risk with her starting, only to find out later on that my visa has been rejected. Sorry for the rant, just thought the more info the better. Some questions I have are:

Does anyone know if I can still enter the U.K like on a holiday visa during my appeal process?

If yes will I need to return to Australia, or leave the U.K for my visa to be finalised? (Do they still put visas in passports or is it electronic?)

If we decide to stay in Australia, and then my visa gets granted, is there a time limit of me having to enter the U.K so the visa doesn't become invalid?

Also I read somewhere that the visa last for 33 months, with the option to extend after this time period, is this correct?

Thanks team, this has been a stressful time for us both, looking forward to some answers.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You may be allowed in as visitor, but it's up to the immigration officer and they will know about your visa rejection (recorded on database). So entry denial is possible.
You need to return home. Vignette is placed in your passport.
The vignette is valid 30 days in which you need to enter. Then you pick up your biometric residence permit from a post office.
You can renew your visa after being in UK for 30 months, minus up to 28 days.

You can re-apply while your appeal is still under process, and can cancel your appeal when you get your visa.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks heaps Joppa.

Damn it isn't looking to good for us then. At this stage all I can see is canceling the appeal, having a holiday in the U.K and then coming back to Australia to live. I can't see us forking out another $2000 to apply for another visa, or another return trip back to Australia to vignette the passport. (that's if it gets granted in the first place).

A little shocked at the moment, the life of visas hey.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.