Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has used the 'my expat network' website to access UK tv, iPlayer and BBC radio in France and if so, is it any good?

Thanks,
Lizzie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can listen to BBC radio directly from their website.

I don't watch UK tv on iplayer but I download programmes from it using expat shield which serves me well enough. I plug the computer into the TV.
Sorry, I'm new to all of this - can you tell me what expat shield is?

Is there some special trick to getting the radio from the website? I tried listening to it at my mother in law's house in Lyon but it didn't work - is it just her computer?

Thanks for your help!

Lizzie

·
Registered
17 Posts
If u have an iPad or iPhone , download and app called filmon...live it's free and worth it
I downloaded the FilmOn app to my iPad but there's no sound. I remember the same problem with a similar app - very strange. I get sound without a problem with TuneIn Radio, YouTube etc. Anyone got any ideas why I get no sound from FilmOn?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
If you google expatshield you will get a link to download a little programme to install and run when you want to watch BBC programmes. This programme gives you a UK internet presence, which is needed in this case.
Make sure you have a very strong Internet security program installed if you use this. These 'proxy servers' can open up your computer to all sorts of evil stuff.

FWIW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.