Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there can anyone here suggest a recommended migration agent to use for UK going to NZ?? we have been talking with Sara Crome from New Zealand Shores, she is very helpful and always happy to answer any questions, can anyone give me some sound advice or has anyone successfully used a migration agent ............... ones to use/ ones not to use?? thanks regards Fay.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Hi there can anyone here suggest a recommended migration agent to use for UK going to NZ?? we have been talking with Sara Crome from New Zealand Shores, she is very helpful and always happy to answer any questions, can anyone give me some sound advice or has anyone successfully used a migration agent ............... ones to use/ ones not to use?? thanks regards Fay.
The question I always pose - why do you need an agent? Is there anything particularly special/difficult about your application?

Migration agents cost money - sometimes a lot. You still need to provide all the information, and you can do it all on-line at Immigration New Zealand.

Also - don't send your goods over, even if a visa is 'imminent'. Wait til it's in the passport. We've just had a couple of friends staying with us en route to Gisborne who were recommended by their agent to send their goods ahead, then they had a delay with the visa. They are now having to pay GST and import duty on their goods. So that was one bit of bad (and very expensive) advice from their agent...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Fay
We are using Sarah we have found her to be brilliant , yes they are expensive but over 50 % of eois get knocked back as people don't fill the forms in correctly. You can get all the info of the websites etc but its a lot easier getting the migration expert to talk you through it and check your application and they submit it for you .
Hope this helps your decision
Paul

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for the reply's !!! I think I would just be more confident having someone spur me on? paperwork isn't a strong point of mine :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Paul,

Have you been accepted? how long does it take? we are in the building trade and are now looking for job offers :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks very much for the reply's !!! I think I would just be more confident having someone spur me on? paperwork isn't a strong point of mine :(

There are lots of benefits to using a company/agent. They have 'friends' in the consulate/embassy too so are aware of all changes immediately. Theyre on hand to give advice and information etc, we wouldnt have done it any other way. Good luck,.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are lots of benefits to using a company/agent. They have 'friends' in the consulate/embassy too so are aware of all changes immediately. Theyre on hand to give advice and information etc, we wouldnt have done it any other way. Good luck,.
Who did you use??? thanks kind regards Fay!!
ps where did you move to in NZ? are you enjoying the lifestyle etc ???

·
Super Moderator
4,946 Posts
Hi Pennybarn. Me again!!! Posted on another thread recommending WorkingIn based in Auckland. Mandy Mitton was our initial contact as she was over in the UK at the Expo. Another good thing was a few of the consultants are UK expats who had been thro it all themselves. As I said it should have taken 3 months from formal application to being granted the visas but didn't work out that way & took 16 months. We started the points calc & EOI October 2009. Formal application went in April 2010. Should have been moving to NZ with resident visas end of 2010 ready for their summer but with the wall Immigration NZ put in our way it took us till August 2011 to get the visas which beggared our whole plans up somewhat as we then had a 6 month old baby!!! We finally made the move last month. Been here 4 weeks. Live in Wellington which is an excellent city and the surrounds are fantastic. Really is a great lifestyle. People are so nice. I applied for jobs in Oct/Nov 2011 after we got the visas. Was offered 2 jobs within a few weeks, picked one of them in December which I started 3 weeks ago. Life is sweet. The change takes some getting used to but it's all good. Different but good.

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The question I always pose - why do you need an agent? Is there anything particularly special/difficult about your application?

Migration agents cost money - sometimes a lot. You still need to provide all the information, and you can do it all on-line at Immigration New Zealand.

Also - don't send your goods over, even if a visa is 'imminent'. Wait til it's in the passport. We've just had a couple of friends staying with us en route to Gisborne who were recommended by their agent to send their goods ahead, then they had a delay with the visa. They are now having to pay GST and import duty on their goods. So that was one bit of bad (and very expensive) advice from their agent...
Thanks Topcat, I actually read this in one of your other postings about not sending belongings over before hand!!! I will definitely remember that one :) and thank you for the advice :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Pennybarn. Me again!!! Posted on another thread recommending WorkingIn based in Auckland. Mandy Mitton was our initial contact as she was over in the UK at the Expo. Another good thing was a few of the consultants are UK expats who had been thro it all themselves. As I said it should have taken 3 months from formal application to being granted the visas but didn't work out that way & took 16 months. We started the points calc & EOI October 2009. Formal application went in April 2010. Should have been moving to NZ with resident visas end of 2010 ready for their summer but with the wall Immigration NZ put in our way it took us till August 2011 to get the visas which beggared our whole plans up somewhat as we then had a 6 month old baby!!! We finally made the move last month. Been here 4 weeks. Live in Wellington which is an excellent city and the surrounds are fantastic. Really is a great lifestyle. People are so nice. I applied for jobs in Oct/Nov 2011 after we got the visas. Was offered 2 jobs within a few weeks, picked one of them in December which I started 3 weeks ago. Life is sweet. The change takes some getting used to but it's all good. Different but good.

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum
Wow, I just hope i get to the day where i post "we did it .....were on our way :)" we wish we hadn't spent so much time and money on the Australian application but that's done now so we are looking forward .......... not back! Thanks for sharing your experience escapedtonz it really helps hearing others experiences!! :clap2:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Who did you use??? thanks kind regards Fay!!
ps where did you move to in NZ? are you enjoying the lifestyle etc ???
we used emigration group in chester, took us about 8 months to get our visas, we got in because of degrees so without a job offer. We are in Auckland, about a 30 minute ferry ride from the centre. Its a lot lot quieter and relaxed, no pub culture of Britain and Aus which is nice but there are bars and places to eat dotted around. Cost of living is pretty much the same as the Uk, with food being more expensive. Housing is as expensive in Auckland as it is in any other Major City. We have been here since Feb 1st, it took John 4 weeks to find a job so we didnt get to do as much traveling as we would have liked but that only means weve lots of plans for trips. We bungee jumped on Saturday from Auckland Harbour bridge which was fun!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow that sounds very exciting!! I think we would like to be up around the Auckland area anywhere about an hours drive away would be good! It's so nice hearing the positives again, fingers crossed we actually manage to get somewhere this time :) Thanks so much for the reply :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ,
I am planning to move new zealand from dubai.
I would like to know which immigration agent should i use?
Workingin or new zealand shore?
Which one is better?
Should i apply visa through immigration agent before i getting job offer from employer?
Koko

·
Super Moderator
4,946 Posts
Hi ,
I am planning to move new zealand from dubai.
I would like to know which immigration agent should i use?
Workingin or new zealand shore?
Which one is better?
Should i apply visa through immigration agent before i getting job offer from employer?
Koko
Why waste the money using an agent?
If your process is expected to be fairly straightforward just do it yourself. In all honesty the agents don't do a great deal and only become useful when you do have issues with - for example a medical report etc.
The process won't be looked on any more favorably or go any quicker using an agent.
We did use WorkingIn as our process was not straightforward but we still had to do all the form filling and leg work. It was good having them on the end of the phone or email to answer queries as we went through the process, but you can get help with those questions on a forum like this or by contacting Immigration directly.
Agents charge a heck of an amount to get you through the process.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts