Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I've always wanted to live in Canada sincce i was young. But i wanted to wait until i had a serious partner, my own house in the UK and many years experience in my job.
Now i'm 24, i have all of those things. So i'm just starting the process off now.

I've applied for a free assessment to get an idea of my eligibility...the next step is to scout out areas of interest i'd like to live, and then see what jobs are available.

I was just wondering though, what exactly is the process of finding a job in another country? I suppose it depends on the company advertising the job...but obviously i can't afford to hop on a plane everytime i have an interview.
I believe my background and experience over the last 9-10 years will mean many companies would be interested in employing me but i really wouldn't know where to start. So i'm just after as much info as i can find around the net.

I'm not sure how long it takes to apply for a Visa but i expect at least a couple of years. I'm not in a mega hurry but i wouldn't mind being settled in Canada before i have children, which gives me about 5-6 years.

Also, where would the best place to live be?
My main requirement is that there is a good Snowboarding resort within a resonable distance so i can take it up as a full time hobby. But i don't want to live too far out of the way.

Thanks in advance for any replies. Any info, even something small is appretiated.
Immigrating to Canada is mainly a job thing. There are only two main ways in and both involve jobs. What do you do for a living?
You, being only 24, have an alternative available to you and that is a BUNAC one-year working visa. You should check it out on the BUNAC website.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.