Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Upon applying for my student visa, what is the amount of money I need to show that I have for accommodation?
I will be studying outside of London, which means that my monthly amount should be no less than £820. I will have a three year course.
I understand that I need to show that I have 9 months of living costs.
So, does this mean that I need to show that I have just £7380 for the first year? Or do I need to have enough money when I apply for the visa for 9 months per course year, which would be £22,140?

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
That depends on whether you have an 'established presence' in UK or not. Established presence means you already have Tier 4 visa on another course and you are starting another course or transferring. In which case you need the money for living for 2 months (£820 x 2 outside Central London). If you don't have established presence, i.e. this is your first application for Tier 4, you need it for 9 months (£820 x 9). You need it for the first year, so just £7,380 even if your course and visa is for 3 years. Same with tuition fees - i.e. for the first year.
Details in https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...2015-04-17_T4_Migrant_Guidance_April_15_f.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.