Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I will be applying for Tier 2 Extension soon. I wanted to know what documents I need to show as evidence. The points awarded are as follows:-
a) 50- Certificate of Sponsorship is a virtual document so I just need to add the reference number to the application form. That sorts out the salary requirement too.
b) 10- For English language, UKBA Tier 2 Policy guidance states that:-
125. You will be awarded 10 points if you are applying for leave to remain under Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Sportsperson) or Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) and you meet the Requirements of one of the categories listed below:
• you are a national of a majority English speaking country; or
• you hold a degree that was taught or researched in English which must be equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree or above; or
• you have passed an English language test at the appropriate level; or
• you have met the English language requirements when given a previous grant of leave; or
• you meet transitional arrangements.
Does this mean I do not have to send them my English language requirement proof (my degree certificate from UK)?

c) 10- For maintenance, the ukba Tier 2 Policy guidance states that:-
154. You will be awarded 10 points if:
you currently have entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain as a Tier 2 skilled worker; work permit holder; Jewish Agency Employee; Member of the Operational Ground Staff of an Overseas-owned Airline; Minister of Religion; Missionary; Member of a Religious Order; or Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting Organisation; or
• your A-rated (Premium), A-rated Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) or A-rated
sponsor certifies on the Certificate of Sponsorship that they will maintain and accommodate you up to the end of your first month of employment in the UK if required. Your sponsor may Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Version 10/2013) - Page 33 of 59
limit the amount of the undertaking, but any limit must be at least £900; or
• you have personal savings of at least £900 which must have been held for a consecutive 90 day period ending no more than 31 days before the date of your application. Any partners or children (also known as dependants) that you want to bring to the UK with you must have money in place to support them.

Does this mean I do not need to show any supporting documents like bank statements or pay slips to get the 10 points?
And about payslips, I have not found any requirement for them in the policy guidance, so do I need to send them?
I have no problems sending these documents, but I just want to be sure what document I absolutely HAVE to send. From what I understood, I just have to send the completed application form/cover letter, 2 passport photos, my original passport and the BRP card. Is that all?
Any help will be really appreciated. If anyone has experience with extension applications, I am quite keen to hear them. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Not open for further replies.