Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Tier 2 Dependent (Spousal) Visa to the UK. My partner is sponsored on Tier 2 by a local company and I have been granted the Tier 2 Dependent based on our relationship.

I just got off the phone with a recruiter who told me that he would not put me forward for contract roles because major companies (eg. large banks) will not accept Tier 2 applicants for contract roles.

He seemed unclear about the distinction between Tier 2 Dependent and Tier 2 General (the key difference being that I do not require sponsorship).

My understanding is that I am free to work here wherever I want and the companies do not need to provide sponsorship (if this was not the case, there would be little point to my Tier 2 Dependent Visa).

Has anyone else encountered this scenario with contracting on a Tier 2 Visa? I very much want to contract over here but is it much more difficult nowadays?

·
Super Moderator
18,016 Posts
You are correct in that you can do any work that you want contract or otherwise. It sounds like the recruiter misunderstood. You are not a Tier 2 applicant. You already have a visa which allows you to work. Perhaps you should make it clear that you don't need a visa as you already have one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.