Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Members,

I need your view on UK tax liabilities and i hope some one of you might already have information on this.

I am an indian national entered UK for the first time to take up an employment
with UK employer. I arrived UK on 14 th January 2008.

In march 2009, i was asked to take up an assignment to saudi arabia for approx. 6 month.A separate employment contract was made for this assignment with salary upliftments.

My all income (monthly Salary and upliftment) is remitted by new contract employer to my UK account through remittance.

I left UK on 2nd April 2009 for taking up assignment in saudi arabia. During this period i visited UK twise for one week each.

Now almost after six months, I intent to return to UK and join back my home office.

The questions crossing my minds are as follows.

1. For tax purposes, will i be treated as resident or non resident in this financial year 2009- 2010 since i am out of UK for more than 186 days?.

2. Will i have to pay the tax on my earnings on saudi arabia or i need to only pay the tax on income which i will earn after joing back my home office?

3. Is it necessary to be out of UK for full financial year to get full tax benefit on the income earned?

Your immediate response shall be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Sanjay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In what circumstances would I become non-resident?

Dear Suenneil,

Thanks for your message it was quite useful. But still the first criteria for non resident says

1 . your absence and employment from the UK covers a complete tax year (i.e. 6 April to 5 April).

Then second condition mentions

2. you spend less than 183 days in the UK during the tax year

this is confusing. Do i need to be out of UK for full year or only more than 183 days.

Thanks a lot

Sanjay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.