Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm an American going to study at the University of St. Andrews this fall and I need to apply for a student visa soon. Many of the people I've talked to said that the visa process was long and confusing. I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips for making the process a little bit smoother. Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Hi I'm an American going to study at the University of St. Andrews this fall and I need to apply for a student visa soon. Many of the people I've talked to said that the visa process was long and confusing. I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips for making the process a little bit smoother.
Your first port of call should be the international students' section of your uni's website. It should carry some useful information on how to apply for a visa, and they are the best source of advice as they have a vast experience of helping overseas students navigate through the maze of immigration rules. You need a confirmation of place on a course from them, which must be enclosed. There are specific financial requirements you must meet, which you find on relevant UKBA website at:
UK Border Agency | Adult students - Tier 4 (General)
And specific info for US applicants at:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/usa/applying/?langname=UK English
If you prepare your application properly with all supporting documents, it shouldn't be too difficult to get your visa within a reasonable time.

If you have more queries, ask here or email St Andrews overseas students office.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.