Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am after some help with my current situation. I have a fiance in the U.S, I proposed Jan 13, we applied for the fiance visa in June 13, it came back in late July 13 as rejected due to not sending enough evidence but have the right to appeal. However, I have heard from on here and other sources ie. the news, that the fiance visa appeal process time (i would look to do the oral hearing) can take months, if not years :( This is not ideal for obvious reasons!

My question is, if my fiance (who is currently studying in the US) applied for a student visa in the UK and got into a university here, as long as all requirements were met, is that likely to go through, even though a few months earlier she had a fiance visa rejected? Would that effect the student visa application?

Anyone's help on this would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi,

I am after some help with my current situation. I have a fiance in the U.S, I proposed Jan 13, we applied for the fiance visa in June 13, it came back in late July 13 as rejected due to not sending enough evidence but have the right to appeal. However, I have heard from on here and other sources ie. the news, that the fiance visa appeal process time (i would look to do the oral hearing) can take months, if not years :( This is not ideal for obvious reasons!

My question is, if my fiance (who is currently studying in the US) applied for a student visa in the UK and got into a university here, as long as all requirements were met, is that likely to go through, even though a few months earlier she had a fiance visa rejected? Would that effect the student visa application?

Anyone's help on this would be greatly appreciated!
Anyone with a visa refusal on their record will have all future applications put under stronger scrutiny and as such, their applications can take longer to process. However if me meets all the requirements his application should be approved. Do keep in mind that he will need to show evidence of funds to meet the requirements for overseas tuition, which can run as high as £10,000/year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your response. Proving the funds shouldnt be a problem, ive already been in contact with a university over here about their entry requirements for that. So what your saying is, like most things to do with immigration, nothing can be guarenteed! Im confident she can meet the requirements for a student visa, my main concern was that it would be instantly rejected due to the previous unseccessful application for a fiance visa...

On another note, you wouldnt happen to know the approximate turn around time for an appeal for the fiance visa?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Fiance visa appeals do not usually take "years". And you can simply re-apply, supplying all the required evidence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do know someone who bought their husband over from the US and it took about 2years for their spouse visa to come through.... But i hope you are right and it doesnt take years!

There are two main reasons we havent re-applied, firstly its another 1400 dollars and after numerous trips back and forth, and both being young students, and after paying last time, money is tight! But the main reason is last time when we applied for it I was (just) earning over the 18.6k threshold, after taking a job in canada for the summer and being about to return to university full time in october, I could no longer prove on a fresh application that I am earning that amount anymore and from the information I have gathered, if you cant prove that then there's not much point applying....

The situation is a nightmare!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry, bit confused by your last post - You say £10k a year isn't a problem, but $1400 once is? Seems odd to me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.