Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife currently has spouse leave to remain / resident permit..... Which is due to be renewed on June 2016
What will be required from the authorities when this has to be renewed?
( you may think why am I bothering now!!! Simple answer....it was so difficult & expensive that I do not want to make any mistakes on renewal)

All comments will be appreciated

Regards
DED

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
You need basically the same things that you used for your previous visa with things like pay slips, bank statements and letters from employers updated. You'll also need to prove that you've been living together over the past 2 years so 6 pieces of post either in joint or separate names spread out that period.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both ( always helpful & knowledgeable)
We are together & have bills & letters...so will keep collecting....not a problem
The problem may be that I don't have the lump sum which I used before
.... I think it was £50,000 cash sitting in account for six months
Is it acceptable to show a similar amount paid as deposit for house where we stay?

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
It depends on how you want to meet the financial requirement. If you are relying on savings, then you need £62,500 kept in a cash account or accounts with value not dropping for 6 months, but you may go for employment option of earning £18,600, or a combination of the two. If you've used lump sum as deposit on a house, you can't use the amount as cash savings.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Joppa
May, I ask another question...
Would it be acceptable to be self employed (registered with Inland revenue & annual accounts prepared by chartered accountant) with over £18,600

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.