Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We are applying spouse visa for m husband .I am a british citizen and so is our son.My husband has been living and working in Singapore for the past 3 years .Me and my son have been living with my husband for about 3 months now and plan to do so for couple more months.

I am not working at the moment .My question is regarding my husband's current employment.He is working in Singapore .What kind of documents does he need from his current employer ? It's quite confusing for me.We are relying on cash savings for his application. Another question : Since i am unemployed what kind of documents do i need to submit aside from passport,sponsor letter,birth certificate ? Seeing s how i am not working now he is going to support himself and us with his earnings .

i am a newbie here .I am sorry if I am not clear enough with my questions.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Your husband's earnings will not be considered and so no employment related information is needed. If you are relying on cash saving then you will need £62,500 which must be in a readily accessible account for 6 months prior to application. You'll need to meet the financial, accommodation and relationship requirements.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.
I have another question - our cash savings are in an Indian bank and it has been there for 6 months now . On the UKBA website it says that the foreign currency would be converted on the date of application using spot exchange rate . Spot exchange rate means the rate on that particular day when we have submitted our application,right ?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Yes, on the day of online application. What is means is that when they come to process your application, the ECO will look up what the Oanda spot closing rate was on the day you applied online and work out the sterling amount. Because of this, make sure you account for a sudden drop in the value of rupee in the last few days leading up to your application and have extra amount on top (say up to 5%).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But I have a question which has been bothering me for a while.

My question is : where the requirements state that £62,500 needs to be available over a 6 month period - do they look at the balance every day over 6 months or just
the opening and closing balances on the each monthly bank statement ?

In short, how do they calculate that i had had £62500 in my bank account over the 6 months period ?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
If you send a statement or a series of statements that cover the required 6-month period, it should show if your balance has ever dipped below the required amount even for one day. That's why you must get a statement or statements, not a confirmation of balance on a particular date. If you get a series of statements, make sure they are consecutive without a gap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.