Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Applying for my UK spouse visa in a few days, and I am trying to figure out some issues with the cost. From what forums have said about prices, the visa itself will be around 2050 USD, the IHS will be around 800 USD, the priority service will be around 700 USD, and the air courier will be around 250 USD. All together this will costs me around 3800 USD. Are these prices near correct? My issue is my bank is very picky about daily debit card limits and i will likely have a hard time convincing them to increase my spending limit over 2800 USD. Are there any parts of these that I can pay with a separate payment method, like my credit card? or does it all have to be paid together in the same transaction? Is there some trick to making a purchase of this amount and not having issues with card limits? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Applying for my UK spouse visa in a few days, and I am trying to figure out some issues with the cost. From what forums have said about prices, the visa itself will be around 2050 USD, the IHS will be around 800 USD, the priority service will be around 700 USD, and the air courier will be around 250 USD. All together this will costs me around 3800 USD. Are these prices near correct? My issue is my bank is very picky about daily debit card limits and i will likely have a hard time convincing them to increase my spending limit over 2800 USD. Are there any parts of these that I can pay with a separate payment method, like my credit card? or does it all have to be paid together in the same transaction? Is there some trick to making a purchase of this amount and not having issues with card limits? Thank you in advance!
You pay the IHS and the visa fee seperately. But the the premium service fee and the visa fee come in one. So you can use 2 cards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.