Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

We will be applying for the 2.5year extension to my wife's spouse visa in the coming month and just have a few questions that I would be very grateful if anyone could answer.

The first spouse visa was successfully applied for while we lived in Japan and we moved to the UK with our two children 30 months ago.

We recently purchased a house that we now live in but haven't received any official land registry documents from the solicitors. We are chasing this up but they have said there is a delay so I'm fearful it may not arrive in time. What other documents can I use to prove accommodation? Would the mortgage letter/statement satisfy?

Also, we currently have two spouse visas, one for my wife and one for my wife's son (who I adopted in Japan but that wasn't recognised by UK law). I have now officially adopted him in the UK, therefore he no longer needs a visa as he is a British citizen by law. Should I outline this in an Introductory Letter, or not mention it and just apply for the one visa extension?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
#1 Yes. Mortgage statement will do.
#2 You will have to declare the presence of your son on the application, and you enclose his passport as proof of his British status. You do know that before he turns 22, he will have to choose one or the other nationality under Japanese law?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.