Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions in regards to applying for the UK Spouse visa. My partner (UK citizen) and I (Canadian citizen) are looking to apply for the spouse visa but had a few more questions:

1) He currently works as a labourer / bricklayer ful ltime however not with a company. He gets paid cash/transfers and pays his taxes on those amounts. Is this valid for financial requirement or does he have to have payslips. Also if he has too, could he create a sole limited company and invoice people for proof of payment for hourly/weekly?

2) We plan to Marry in Denamrk and I will be working/living in Amsterdam prior to that, can I apply for spouse visa in Amsterdam even if I am a Canadian citizen. I plan to be in Amsterdam on a one year work visa prior and during our application

Thanks!!

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Sounds like he is self employed/contractor.

Read the document I sent to you a link to CAREFULLY, as being self-employed means a whole lot of additional documentation relating to the company, rather then being an employee and just providing payslips, bank statements etc.

If you are legally in Amsterdam you can apply for the spouse visa from there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like he is self employed/contractor.

Read the document I sent to you a link to CAREFULLY, as being self-employed means a whole lot of additional documentation relating to the company, rather then being an employee and just providing payslips, bank statements etc.

If you are legally in Amsterdam you can apply for the spouse visa from there.
Yea he does not work for a company or own a company but gets work and pays taxes. I will await your link in private message I suppose?

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Yea he does not work for a company or own a company but gets work and pays taxes. I will await your link in private message I suppose?
No, it's in my response to your posting "help us be together" of 10 JUly.

Look at your previous posting.

The document is called

Immigration Directorate Instruction
Family Migration:
Appendix FM Section 1.7
Appendix Armed Forces
Financial Requirement

If your boyfriend is self employed he needs to read Section 9

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Crawford gave you a link in your previous post. You should really take the time to read through it to understand what the options and requirements are for meeting the financial requirement.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember reading the link crawford sent but I had only looked at the financial requirements if employed and my bf just told me he is self employed not by an employer. But I have found the section. Than kyou!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.