Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am a British citizen living overseas with my non-UK wife. I am employed and I also get a rent allowance from the employer in that country.

My monthly income, including the rent allowance from the employer, is more than 18,600 GBP. Without the rent it is lower than 18,600.

I am aware that if my income abroad is over 18,600 for 6 months then I qualify on income for my wife to get a UK spouse visa.

However, I have just been told (by a visa company) that as per the rules accomodation allowances are not allowed. They pointed me to this UKBA document FM-1.7.pdf

Can somebody please confirm such?

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is true. I found this out myself just before I was going to apply earlier this year. So I had to delay by 6 months and work my ass off in overtime in China to make up for the housing allowance. Hope this helps and I further hope you can sort this out.

It sounds like we have similar situations so if you need any help let me know. We have just applied and are awaiting the results

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
It's specifically stated that overseas housing allowance cannot be counted towards meeting income requirement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.