Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've just read around and came up with this idea. I might sound stupid....forgive me I am tired.

Basically, if I (British Citizen) get my non EEA spouse to come visit Ireland with me which apparently I can do easily(?) ....can I then apply for a normal UK Spouse Visa from Ireland?

The reason why I am asking is because my husband has to travel to a different country for the visa anyway and the waiting times are usually 3 months. If he comes Ireland...he will be closer to me and the waiting times are much less. I can continue to work to make up the 6 months payslips and I can see him at the weekends!!

What do you guys think??

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Not possible. He has to apply from his home country (or designated country) or his normal place of residence which would be a country where he is living on a long term visa so not a tourist visa.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If he can't apply in his country of origin, it has to be done in neighbouring countries, usually specified. For example, Iranians can apply anywhere in the world for a visit visa, but only in Turkey or UAE for non-visit visa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.