Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i am new here,

I am about to start the process to apply for my wife who is living in Pakistan. I got married in december 2013 and i had a baby in december 2014 who i have applied dirrect for a British passport. It has been 4 months and i am still waiting.

I am a bit confused as there are new rules so now i have to apply from the UK ? And what are the main supporting document required ? My gross yearly salary is £24000 but i do not have any savings in my bank account will this be a problem when applying ? Also i need some help writing a sponsership letter and sponsership declartion letter. What do i need to include in these letters.

Thank you

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi all i am new here,

I am about to start the process to apply for my wife who is living in Pakistan. I got married in december 2013 and i had a baby in december 2014 who i have applied dirrect for a British passport. It has been 4 months and i am still waiting.

I am a bit confused as there are new rules so now i have to apply from the UK ? And what are the main supporting document required ? My gross yearly salary is £24000 but i do not have any savings in my bank account will this be a problem when applying ? Also i need some help writing a sponsership letter and sponsership declartion letter. What do i need to include in these letters.

Thank you
Firstly, I can't comment on the British passport for your baby.

Your don't need savings as you are earning over £18600.

You need payslips for the last 6 months, if with the same employer. If you've not been with the employer for more than 6 months, you need to show payslips for the last 12 months (both employers).

It is more than just sponsorship letters. I really think you need to speak to a immigration advisor and maybe ask them to prepare the application for you.

Here are the PDF files you should read:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...06_immigration_rules_appendix_fm_se_final.pdf

Paragraph 5:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I have been working for the same employer. Wouldnt i be able to do the application myself ? Without the help of an immigration adviser

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thank you. I have been working for the same employer. Wouldnt i be able to do the application myself ? Without the help of an immigration adviser
Unless you have a complicated history, there should be no need to use an immigration advisor. Our moderators on this forum are very knowledgeable and helpful.

The sponsorship letter should give a little background on how you met your wife, how the relationship developed, why you both want to live in the UK. Once you start to write it, the words will probably come easily but don't write too much!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Whatshouldwedo What would you call complicated background ? And what is a sponsership decleration letter is that the same as a sponsership letter ? And my wife the applicant does not need to write a letter does she ?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thank you Whatshouldwedo What would you call complicated background ? And what is a sponsership decleration letter is that the same as a sponsership letter ? And my wife the applicant does not need to write a letter does she ?
Being divorced, having a criminal record as well as some other stuff can make an application somewhat more complicated.

Yes you're right about the sponsorship letter and no your wife doesn't need to write a letter.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I need.help. So i only need to write a sponsorship letter then ? Not a sponsorship decleration letter ? And is there any other letters i need to write ?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks I need.help. So i only need to write a sponsorship letter then ? Not a sponsorship decleration letter ? And is there any other letters i need to write ?
That's the only letter you need to write and I believe both letters are the same thing, just titled a little differently.

Your wife can write a letter as well, which outlines how you met, future plan and why she wants to settle in the UK. Some include this letter some don't. My wife didn't. If she does, make sure it's not titled 'Letter of sponsorship', because she's the applicant and you are the sponsor.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
And what documents do i need to get attested ?
If you get e-bank statements, they will need to be either stamped by the bank (every page) and or accompanied by a cover letter on headed paper which states their authenticity.

If you get e-payslips then the company you work for needs to do the same as above.

Not having this done, will lead to a refusal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok thanks again i need.help. Other then e bank statements and e pay slips do i need any other letter attested ? Do i need my sponser letter attested ?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ok thanks again i need.help. Other then e bank statements and e pay slips do i need any other letter attested ? Do i need my sponser letter attested ?
You don't need your sponsorship letter attested.

Make sure you have an english translated marriage certificate. This also has to have the Union Council stamp on it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you yes i will make sure my transalted copy of my marriage certificate is stampped by the unioun council. As i have original copies of my bank statements and pay slips this will mean i will not need anything attested. Another question is i have a one bedroom flat will this be suitable for my application for my wife ???? As i have already applied for my sons british passport so he will not be part of this application

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.