Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met my wife in January 2007 online. We started out just as friends, and we were friends for a very long time, checking in on each other periodically. And it was this way for a while. But eventually things got serious, and in August 2011 we started a relationship. We talked 8 hours everyday, and I went to the U.S. in November and lived with her for 3 months. We got married in February. Now I'm home and I'm applying for the spouse visa. I'm scared to death that it will get denied. I cant be apart from her and I just want everyone's opinion to see if we have a chance. I love her so much.

Since I just got back from the U.S.A, I am unemployed and franticall
frantically searching for a job. Though she has been steadily employed and supported herself for years, her most recent job was as a nanny. So as far as the government is concerned, we are both unemployed.
She has a bachelor's degree, and she graduated with high honours, double majoring in English literature and Philosphy.

Now the reason I'm hoping for a "yes" is because my family has supported me financially on my 3 month trip to America, and they will 100% support me and my wife in the UK while we get on our feet. So they will sign statements that promise to support us completely. My grandparents have paid off there mortgage and own a £565.000 4 bedroom house where they have agreed to let us live.

So we're technically unemployed, but I have a family with the means to support us both
completely. I don't even know where to put that on the application.

Here are our supporting documents:
3 months of my bank statements( showing my family putting cash in my account)
6 months of hers
6 months of my grandfather's (who runs his own company and has a premium bank account)
utility bills, council tax, and deeds to prove that my grandparent's own their home in full
Personal letter from both of us
letter from her brother, my mother, sister, and grandparents affirming our relationship and our living together for 3 months
pictures of us together
love letters
wedding cards
I also could put the wedding video on a usb stick
she has 2k of savings

So I have no idea how to fill out the sponsor form when it's my family supporting us for now.

I'm sorry for all of this on my first post, I'm just worried sick. And the thought of not having my wife with me kills me. So any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

Will we be denied :(

Thanks in advance,
Sam & Sara

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
I met my wife in January 2007 online. We started out just as friends, and we were friends for a very long time, checking in on each other periodically. And it was this way for a while. But eventually things got serious, and in August 2011 we started a relationship. We talked 8 hours everyday, and I went to the U.S. in November and lived with her for 3 months. We got married in February. Now I'm home and I'm applying for the spouse visa. I'm scared to death that it will get denied. I cant be apart from her and I just want everyone's opinion to see if we have a chance. I love her so much.

Since I just got back from the U.S.A, I am unemployed and franticall
frantically searching for a job. Though she has been steadily employed and supported herself for years, her most recent job was as a nanny. So as far as the government is concerned, we are both unemployed.
She has a bachelor's degree, and she graduated with high honours, double majoring in English literature and Philosphy.

Now the reason I'm hoping for a "yes" is because my family has supported me financially on my 3 month trip to America, and they will 100% support me and my wife in the UK while we get on our feet. So they will sign statements that promise to support us completely. My grandparents have paid off there mortgage and own a £565.000 4 bedroom house where they have agreed to let us live.

So we're technically unemployed, but I have a family with the means to support us both
completely. I don't even know where to put that on the application.

Here are our supporting documents:
3 months of my bank statements( showing my family putting cash in my account)
6 months of hers
6 months of my grandfather's (who runs his own company and has a premium bank account)
utility bills, council tax, and deeds to prove that my grandparent's own their home in full
Personal letter from both of us
letter from her brother, my mother, sister, and grandparents affirming our relationship and our living together for 3 months
pictures of us together
love letters
wedding cards
I also could put the wedding video on a usb stick
she has 2k of savings

So I have no idea how to fill out the sponsor form when it's my family supporting us for now.

I'm sorry for all of this on my first post, I'm just worried sick. And the thought of not having my wife with me kills me. So any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.
It's not as bad as it sounds because you have generous family members supporting you.
You must get it all in writing. Ask your grandfather to write a letter of offer for accommodation, something along the line of 'I am offering my grandson S and his wife S to live in my 4-bedroom house, where the only other occupants will be X and Y. It is for an indefinite period, free of rent, council tax and utility bills. I enclose copy of my house deed and council tax bill as proofs of ownership and occupation.' And whoever is giving you cash gift should write something like 'I am giving my son S and his wife S £xxx a month as contribution towards their living cost as long as they need it. I enclose my recent bank statement to show my ability to support them financially.'

Put in some record of how you kept in touch when apart, such as representative examples of skype log, email and telephone bills. Don't enclose video - they won't look at it. Your and your wife's CVs to show job prospect in UK, with sample job vacancies with salary offered you can go for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joppa. Thank you so much for the response. getting advice from someone who clearly is very knowledgeable on the subject as you really gives me hope. We really appriciate it

Also on the sponsor form would i fill that out. or my grandfather as he is suporting us ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also forgot to mention how would i fill out the form. The form seems to imply Its just me supporting her. there is no way to really tell them on the form my family is supporting us

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Joppa. Thank you so much for the response. getting advice from someone who clearly is very knowledgeable on the subject as you really gives me hope. We really appriciate it

Also on the sponsor form would i fill that out. or my grandfather as he is suporting us ?
No you complete (or ask your partner) the sponsor's part of the application, as your grandfather is an external sponsor. He just writes a letter and sign it and gives you supporting documents to enclose. There is no separate section for co-sponsors, so you just enclose a letter and documents.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Help

Hey Joppa

Thanks for the help so far. I have a few more questions

Will my age be a problem I am 19 she is 24. acording to the british boarder control website it is fine. But people online say otherwise

I have utilty. council tax. and lots of other proof my family owns the house. Is a certified deed a must

If denied will she be abe to travel on a vistor visa

We have lots of pictures. but not lots of chat logs due to us not enabling the save option. what other proof could you sugest

Thanks
Sam & Sara

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Hey Joppa

Thanks for the help so far. I have a few more questions

Will my age be a problem I am 19 she is 24. acording to the british boarder control website it is fine. But people online say otherwise
Not necessarily. You just have to show that your relationship is genuine, committed and durable.

I have utilty. council tax. and lots of other proof my family owns the house. Is a certified deed a must
Just a copy of house deed you get from Land Registry.

If denied will she be abe to travel on a vistor visa
Yes, but they want to see that she isn't going to overstay or work illegally, so enclose documents in support, such as pay slips, letter from employer granting a fixed leave of absence, any other ties at ho,me and return flight details. Also she should get an actual visa instead of relying on getting a leave on arrival.

We have lots of pictures. but not lots of chat logs due to us not enabling the save option. what other proof could you sugest
Phone bills, emails, texts (print out a few examples for each month apart).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So right now I am preparing to send of the documents to my wife. I'm analyzing it and i am not happy with the amount of evidence we have given over our relationship

I have submitted over 30 pictures of us from all different occasions. but we have like no chat logs. due to us not saving them. we never used phone as yahoo is free. i have a few logs from 2010. but verry little amount. I have written a letter explaining my love for her and We have had her brother signing a witness form confirming we first made contact in 2007

Do i still have a case with no chat logs?

On the application form when it ask's if we first met does it mean online or in person. because we waited a long time before i came out to USA? (Met in Jan 07 but did not get to states until Nov 11)

When printing all my pictures will printing them on normal paper do. or shall i do something extra?

The family member who is supporting me is getting roughly £2500 in his account monthly. Will it matter that most of that is also going out of the account on his Bank Statements? We are not paying anything rent utility etc.. how much should he be giving us each month leisure wise. im sure they want him giving us something

Thanks
Sam & Sara

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
So right now I am preparing to send of the documents to my wife. I'm analyzing it and i am not happy with the amount of evidence we have given over our relationship

I have submitted over 30 pictures of us from all different occasions. but we have like no chat logs. due to us not saving them. we never used phone as yahoo is free. i have a few logs from 2010. but verry little amount. I have written a letter explaining my love for her and We have had her brother signing a witness form confirming we first made contact in 2007

Do i still have a case with no chat logs?
Can you give other evidence of staying in touch when apart, such as letters, emails, texts, with not-so-intimate ones printed out?

On the application form when it ask's if we first met does it mean online or in person. because we waited a long time before i came out to USA? (Met in Jan 07 but did not get to states until Nov 11)
In person.

When printing all my pictures will printing them on normal paper do. or shall i do something extra?
Printing photos on normal paper is fine if they are clear - UKBA can identify you in them.

The family member who is supporting me is getting roughly £2500 in his account monthly. Will it matter that most of that is also going out of the account on his Bank Statements? We are not paying anything rent utility etc.. how much should he be giving us each month leisure wise. im sure they want him giving us something
That's fine if all he is doing is allowing you to stay rent and bills free.
You should pay for leisure out of your own income.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Joppa thanks for another helpful answer

So i just finished talking to my Grandfather and my wife. and he has a brilliant idea of employing my wife as a care giver and cleaner. as he and my grandmother are older.

it means she would have work when she landed. what might look allot better. just wanted your thoughts on that

Also as it just being November since i first saw her in person is that gonna screw me. our relationship is 100% genuine. And i have known her for years. i just fear they wont see it that way

Thanks
Sam& Sara

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
So you started this friendship in 2007, when you were 14 and she was 19? (You are now 19 and 24 you say).

It became a relationship when you were 18 and she was 23 when you went over to the US to live with her in November 2011 for three months. In that time you got married. November 2011 was the first time you had met.

Neither you nor your prospective wife work, your family paid for your trip to the US, is supporting you now and will continue to support both you and your wife.

A strange arrangement ......just saying

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
Hey Joppa thanks for another helpful answer

So i just finished talking to my Grandfather and my wife. and he has a brilliant idea of employing my wife as a care giver and cleaner. as he and my grandmother are older.

it means she would have work when she landed. what might look allot better. just wanted your thoughts on that

Also as it just being November since i first saw her in person is that gonna screw me. our relationship is 100% genuine. And i have known her for years. i just fear they wont see it that way

Thanks
Sam& Sara
Your wife apparently has a BA with high honors, double majoring in English Literature and Philosophy and the only job she could get in the US was a nanny; and now she is willing to accept a job as your grandparents' care giver and
cleaner !!!

Are you kidding me?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well I was friends with her brother. and we remained friends. but things changed over time.

She was on a full time course and just graduated in December and was a nanny for her professor. It hard to get a 3.9 GPA and work full time. but she was working two jobs up until December.

She is applying for jobs in her field. but guaranteed work on arrival until she finds work might be good

Also just asking about my situation. instead of replying like that would be more appreciated

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
Well I was friends with her brother. and we remained friends. but things changed over time.

She was on a full time course and just graduated in December and was a nanny for her professor. It hard to get a 3.9 GPA and work full time. but she was working two jobs up until December.

She is applying for jobs in her field. but guaranteed work on arrival until she finds work might be good

Also just asking about my situation. instead of replying like that would be more appreciated

Sorry, but I just don't understand how a well educated young woman would marry an unemployed man from another country whom she has only just met -even if you have been pen pals since you were 14 !

In my humble opinion being care-giver and cleaner for your grandparents would not qualify as being 'employed' as in a commercial environment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm pretty sure you do not know our situation. so I'm not asking you to understand. nor do i need you to. And i feel your being rather disrespectful. My wife is my best friend and the women I love. And I didn't no i needed a degree for my wife to love me

Crawford I respectfully request for you to stop posting in my thread. As we do not like where the thread has gone. And we feel your not giving any advice. just bashing our marriage what you are ill informed on

Good day sir

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
I'm pretty sure you do not know our situation. so I'm not asking you to understand. nor do i need you to. And i feel your being rather disrespectful. My wife is my best friend and the women I love. And I didn't no i needed a degree for my wife to love me

Crawford I respectfully request for you to stop posting in my thread. As we do not like where the thread has gone. And we feel your not giving any advice. just bashing our marriage what you are ill informed on

Good day sir
...... and I respectfully agree to your wishes ..... and the word is woman you love, not women - unless you have more than one woman in your life.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dyslexia It sucks.

And I am a one woman man. And I love her very much. As hard as it is for you to believe that she could feel the same way. due to me not going to college

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
Dyslexia It sucks.

And I am a one woman man. And I love her very much. As hard as it is for you to believe that she could feel the same way. due to me not going to college
Final word from me (promise) ..... nothing to do with the fact that you have not gone to college, but more that you are an out of work teenager, marrying at 18/19 and now trying to get your US wife into the UK based on your family supporting you.

Would have thought the 'manly' thing to do would have been either to get a job, get your own finances and then marry to support your wife OR go to college, get some qualifications, then get a job, marry and support your wife.

As they say, you couldn't make this up could you?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dyslexia It sucks.

Coops- take what you can from this forum and ignore the rest. I believe Joppa has given you everything that you need and will continue to offer fair advice and expertise should you have any more questions.

I do hope you are able to get this sorted asap.

Deep breaths.

MLH

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Final word from me (promise) ..... nothing to do with the fact that you have not gone to college, but more that you are an out of work teenager, marrying at 18/19 and now trying to get your US wife into the UK based on your family supporting you.

Would have thought the 'manly' thing to do would have been either to get a job, get your own finances and then marry to support your wife OR go to college, get some qualifications, then get a job, marry and support your wife.

As they say, you couldn't make this up could you?
Well. I don't have work right now. because i have been in the USA the last 3 months doing the manly thing. being there for my wife physically and emotionally loving her and supporting her while i was there. And i will continue to support her thru her masters. but man your cold. I feel sorry for your wife. I know someone who will be in the 60% statistic soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.