Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am currently helping my Kenyan fiancé apply for a visa as we will be married in 5 weeks time!! I think I have all the paperwork for the 18 months we have been together but have a couple of questions re the application.

I want to book in to do the biometrics and tb test in April after the wedding as we will be in Nairobi for our safari honeymoon... So we are doing the online form now to allow appointments to be booked- is this a good idea? And do we put his current status as unmarried, and give details in other boxes of the wedding, or do we apply as if it's after the wedding when we submit all the supporting evidence etc...

Also...does anyone know of a place to do an a1 English test in Mombasa?? I cannot seem to locate any tests that are not academic uni entry ones!

And lastly....i earn enough I think £42 k but have no savings... Trips to Kenya, weddings etc...could this be a problem??

If anyone could help me it would be amazing as I really don't want anything to go wrong and the sooner we can be together the better,

Thank you

Kate

·
Super Moderator
18,015 Posts
I want to book in to do the biometrics and tb test in April after the wedding as we will be in Nairobi for our safari honeymoon... So we are doing the online form now to allow appointments to be booked- is this a good idea? And do we put his current status as unmarried, and give details in other boxes of the wedding, or do we apply as if it's after the wedding when we submit all the supporting evidence etc...
You can't book a biometric's appointment until after you have applied for a spouse visa and you can't apply for a spouse visa until you are actually married.

And lastly....i earn enough I think £42 k but have no savings.
You need to show that you have £105.95/week after paying rent and council tax.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.