Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am living in England and my Husband is living and working in Italy on a work permit. I want to apply for his UK spouse visa and i have 2 questions.

Can we join each others income together to reach the £18600 ?

He wants to stay in Italy for at least another year as he has a settled job there. Is this possible ?

Thanks for any help in advance

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Hi, I am living in England and my Husband is living and working in Italy on a work permit. I want to apply for his UK spouse visa and i have 2 questions.

He wants to stay in Italy for at least another year as he has a settled job there. Is this possible ?

1. No, only your income counts

2. What's the point of spending thousands of pounds on a visa, if he wants to stay in Italy :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

1. No, only your income counts

2. What's the point of spending thousands of pounds on a visa, if he wants to stay in Italy
I was asking a question and thats not the reply to the question and he would only want to stay for a little while because as stated he has a settled job. He would only stay if allowed if not then obviously he would not.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
There is no 'official' amount of time documented.

A reasonable amount of absence (i.e vacation, visiting sick relatives) is allowed, but too much time out of the UK and you might look as though you are not abiding by the rules of the visa - living with your partner/spouse in the UK.

Hence it could jeopardize obtaining the next spouse visa.

·
Registered
924 Posts
If your husband wants to spend another year in Italy and visit you when he can , then a tourist visa is the best option for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.