Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

My spouse visa was recently granted and I'm traveling to London tomorrow.
I was reading about the biometric residence card and from what I read if I have a spouse visa I don't need a biometric residence card.
My question is if I'm asked for an ID what should I present? It is obvious that I won't have my passport with me all time.
It's pretty weird that the only evidence of my legal status in the UK will be the spouse visa attached inside my passport.

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
Biometric residence cards are issued for visas applied for from inside the UK so when you renew your visa in 2.5 year's time you will be issued a biometrics card.

There are few instances where you'll be asked for identification-opening a bank account, taking a job.

You can apply for a provisional driving licence.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Congrats on getting your visa. When I came, I signed up with my local Gp, opened a bank account, and applied for my NI number for work. I never carry my passport around unless I need it for those reasons or for job. I still carry my US license in my wallet just in case and have used it a few times.

You can apply for your provisional license but you must wait and be in the UK for 185 days before applying. Then you can use your provisional as an ID and proof of address.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.