Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a query regarding my situation. In 2015, I sponsored my ex-wife for UK spouse visa and she came to UK. Over the years, we got separated & divorced and she stayed in the UK by getting ILR based on domestic violence (DV). Now, I am looking to marry another person in Pakistan and sponsor her application for UK spouse visa. As my ex-wife had obtained ILR based on DV, would that affect UK spouse visa for my new wife ? and what can I do to satisfy HO ?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
It might affect this spouse visa, yes. It matters most that you have a genuine and substantial relationship with Wife 2.0, but a history of DV which was reported to the Home Office will certainly be investigated and probably will not be taken lightly. I would recommend you solicit legal counsel for the visa application, since you will definitely want to address this in a sensitive manner and be forthcoming about the situation. It would be best if you can provide evidence that you have received treatment, e.g.: anger management counselling

Reactions: humble

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
Can't you 'look' to marry someone in the UK?

With over 60m inhabitants one would have thought there would be someone you would be attracted to.... just asking ........

Reactions: Catalunya22
1 - 3 of 3 Posts