Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just in the process of applying for my wife's extension and printed of the paper FLR form as a test run, bofre starting the online application.

The two seem very different though, with the online application being much more intrusive. Is this correct?!

What are peoples preference in method to apply?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi,

Yeah, the online one is way different + complicated + tricky! Because of these reasons, I've opted for the paper one.

·
Registered
579 Posts
For the same reasons, I chose to complete the paper version.

My spouse will be applying this month, at the premium centre, hopefully, getting a same day decision.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We've spent hours doing the online one (not finished yet) but come this far so determined to finish!

But why is it so different to the paper one?! Some of the questions, such as list all family and friends in your home country just seem needless?

At least the application is immediate once finished. My wife's visa expires Sept 7th and as it recommends to apply 28 days before expiry we want to submit by tomorrow at the latest.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you're doing the online application, you can say its' needless BUT you can't ignore it - you must fill and give all those details!

Are you applying in person or by post? For in person application, you'r appointment date at the centre is the date of application (not the date you're submitting the online application), where as for postal, the posting date is the date of application (not the date you're submitting the online application).

My wife's visa expires on the 25th of this month, we'll be applying on the 10th. I haven't got my July bank statement yet, so waiting for it basically.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are applying online - not in person and not by post. We don't wish to have an appointment as we want to avoid the extra cost of premium. I assume we just send in supporting documents after we apply online.

Is this possible?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Okay, let me confirm this again. You're applying for FLR(M), which is to extend your wife's initial spouse visa.

Yes, it is possible but as I have said earlier, the date of application that UKVI will consider is the date that you're posting your supporting documents. For example, if you submitted your online application today (1st Aug) and posted all the supporting documents tomorrow (2nd Aug).

Then your 'date of application' is the 2nd Aug and your application will be taken as postal application, which takes around 6 weeks to get a result.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK thanks for your help - I think I get it! Yes, we are applying for FLR (M).

We will apply online tonight, and send all supporting documents by tomorrow. So tomorrow will be the application date. As the current visa expires on Sept 7th, and we are in no rush to have the extension approved, hopefully the timescale is OK.

Thanks again

·
Registered
474 Posts
You're welcome.

Just for your information...say if you applied on the 6th Sep and UKVI took 6 weeks to issue the visa, your wife will not be considered as over stayed during the visa processing period. Her new visa will be renewed from the 8th Sep.

All the best for tomorrow

Reactions: mrslowe and Hughton

·
Registered
91 Posts
In the following link on Immigration rules, 34G

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigra...rules-part-1-leave-to-enter-or-stay-in-the-uk

It clearly sates that'
where the application is made via the online application process, the date on which the online application is submitted whether or not a subsequent appointment is made at a Home Office premium service centre.'

So online application is the date they are completed online regardless of if documents are posted or appointment made at a premium service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - just a question regarding the date of application. We're doing the online form, and as justme786 said just above, the day we submit that and pay will be the date taken as "submission date."

So how long do we have after that date to send the documents? For my student visas I was told there was a 15 day period in which to send the documents, but I don't know if that's the case with FML(R)... or if it was the case to begin with.

Not that I'm planning on sitting pretty after submitting the online application, but we're waiting on a new bank statement that should get here very soon...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.