Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have read and re read the UK border patrol site many times still doesnt all add up
we are waiting for my wifes Passport to arrive ( renewed it for her nam change)
just in the process of gathering documents together.

what are the exact documents needed i know pasport is in there lol

how far back do i need bank statements we use my wifes Credit Union with me also in the account.

My parents said they will sponsor my wife do i need there bank statements (do they have to be origionals or can they email me them and i print them off)

do i need a origional letter confirming i have a place to stay rent and board free for as long as needed from my parents

Also i have been emailing a few employers who have offered me work on my return do i need a origional letter from them or would email and printed copy be ok

I am moving back where i grew up and is a small area and i was in very good standing before i moved

My wife is no longer employed and almost 5 months pregnant will thiss affect her chances of being approved.

Also what is the Minimum you would say i should have in my account at this minute i have $500 or so in it but have sold some stuff for $2500 pending pick up Friday i can sell my truck and use a bus/train if needed and would help with the visa being approved

will it help if i include a letter clearly stating i will take full responsability etc for my wife

sorry for all the questions i just want to be clear on everything and want to come home ASAP

Many Thanks

Wilky

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
As for what documents, there is a list of suggested supporting documents on both the form and the Guidance Notes. It's a one-size-fits-all form and notes so some of it won't apply to your unique situation, but it does give a lot of information regarding types, etc.

For example, on the banking statements, the Guidance Notes lets you know to send at least three months back of those, and that the statements must be the ones the bank sent you via post-print offs from the web aren't wanted by UKBA because they can be so easily tampered with. (I've heard of some apps slipping by with 'Net prints IF those print-outs were supported by pay slips, etc, but you really should send 'the real thing') A lot of us sent six months of bank statements.

You do need a letter from your parents agreeing to house and financially support you-they need to state in the letter that you will have a private room to yourselves, but I'm not sure about the bank statements from your parents-hopefully someone will be along to answer that!

Print-outs of emails from potential employers is brilliant, congrats that you will be able to find work so soon!

Nothing in the application or the process mentions anything about health or physical condition-I don't don't think you need to volunteer the info that your wife is expecting, and I do think you need to get your app in ASAP so she is fit-to-fly, lol! (Congrats on the expected little one:))

You do need to write a letter to add to the application and supporting documents, concise and no longer than both sides of a sheet of A4 describing briefly how you met, came to be married, and are looking forward to starting your new life with your wife in your hometown.

She also needs to write a letter, same as yours but not an obvious copy:)

Re monies you'll be bringing back to the UK, I have no clue, but since you have the offer of accommodation and financial support from your parents, plus potential job offers, I don't think what you'll have (looks like around £3000?) will be too big a problem-however, I could be waaaay wrong on that, and if I am someone will quickly correct me so that you are not steering in the wrong direction.

A tip: print out the form and Guidance Notes for the visa, read both carefully and make notes on the print-out. There really is a lot of info there. It's like an elephant, though-to eat one you have to do so one bite at a time:lol: and the UKBA info is the same! It's all there, you just have to take it one byte at a time:rofl:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.