Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife applied for her spouse visa in New Delhi on the 4th June. Today is the 30th Working Day (and according to the Visa Processing Times - 74% of settlement applications should be completed by then - but that is based on May's dates).

We have contacted UKVI many times, always with cut-and-paste responses, and its becoming a serious annoyance. Its a lot of money to spend for absolutely no way to track this information.

Is there any way to escalating this now that its gone past the 74% of other applications mark - or anything we can do to find out how much longer it will take?

I'm thinking of going out to India soon for a week or so (off work) - but not if her visa is due soon. Is there anything we can do?

Please help

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
May's time frame will probably be more aggressive than June/July as things get busier. "74% of applications processed within 30 days" still means a quarter of applications will be processed later, yet still within the projected time frame, and no one wants to be on the wrong side of the bell curve, but:

We have contacted UKVI many times, always with cut-and-paste responses, and its becoming a serious annoyance. Its a lot of money to spend for absolutely no way to track this information.
I'm honestly not certain why you keep contacting them and wasting money.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May's time frame will probably be more aggressive than June/July as things get busier. "74% of applications processed within 30 days" still means a quarter of applications will be processed later, yet still within the projected time frame, and no one wants to be on the wrong side of the bell curve, but:

I'm honestly not certain why you keep contacting them and wasting money.
Thanks for your reply. And we contact them via email - not phone, so its a free email.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
There is no guarantee that applications will be processed in a certain amount of time. Previous processing times are informational. Constantly badgering them with emails might make you feel better but it's unlikely to speed up the process. Hard as it is, all you can do is be patient. It takes as long as it takes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have read in other places however that after 6 weeks, some people have phoned up and got their cases escalated.

Are you saying that this doesn't happen?

Also, the number that is provided on the UK VI website for India is "switched off" - all the time (even during the opening hours).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.