Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting ready to send my wife's spouse visa application to Sheffield, and was hoping to get any feedback on the document checklist I have put together:

1. Applicant Documents
Priority processing receipt
Applicant introduction letter
Printed signed application submitted online on 6th July 2015 (application included IHS payment)
Biometrics appointment receipt dated 9th July 2015
Appendix 2 VAF 4A form
Applicant’s passport photos (2)
Applicant’s current passport with copy
Copy of applicant’s previous passport (original unavailable)

2. Sponsor Documents
Sponsor introduction letter
Copy of sponsor’s passport
Divorce record from sponsor’s previous marriage with copy
Financial Evidence (Category B sponsor)
- Copy of signed UK employment contract
- Employer letter verifying UK employment and pay slip copy
- Copy of June 2015 UK pay slip
- HSBC UK bank statement for June 2015
- Employer letter verifying US employment and pay slip copies
- Copies of July 2014 - May 2015 US pay slips
- Citibank and HSBC US bank statements for July 2014 - May 2015

3. Relationship Documents
Marriage Record with copy
Photographs of applicant with sponsor, 2010-present, including wedding
Screen grabs of applicant-sponsor Google Chat history 2009-present
Copies of applicant-sponsor joint travel itineraries 2009-present

4. Accommodation Documents
Letter from sponsor’s parents offering accommodation
Land Title of sponsor’s parents’ house
Utility bill from sponsor’s parents’ house
Inspection Report from sponsor’s parents’ house

5. Miscellaneous Documents
Printout of current (flexible) flight itinerary showing Aug 5th travel
Return waybill
Evidence of applicant’s name spelling
- Applicant’s previous drivers license
- Copies of applicant and sponsor children’s birth certificates.
- Applicant’s birth certificate with copy

The reason for the last few documents is that my wife started using an 'Americanized' spelling of her name as a teenager (born Filia using Phyllis) and when she changed her passport, social security card and driver's license over to my surname earlier this year, she went back to using the original spelling. Her previous passport copy shows the old name, but I wanted to leave no doubt that she's the same person, as all our supporting docs (bank statements, IM chat history etc) show her previous name spelling. My wife has mentioned this in her applicant letter. Should we have any reason to think this would be a problem?

Thanks in advance. It will feel like a small miracle if/when we receive this visa!

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
If you're married and living together you confirm your relationship by demonstrating shared responsibilities like joint tenancy, joint bank accounts, joint bills or bills addressed separately to the same address. Texting and travelling together is for people who are separated.

Your itinerary is meant to be an example of when you'd like to travel. You shouldn't book travel before your visa is issued.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're married and living together you confirm your relationship by demonstrating shared responsibilities like joint tenancy, joint bank accounts, joint bills or bills addressed separately to the same address. Texting and travelling together is for people who are separated.

Your itinerary is meant to be an example of when you'd like to travel. You shouldn't book travel before your visa is issued.
Ah Ok thanks. I'll just include some bills and bank statements then. Or will the 12 months of statements I've included for the financial info which include her name count?

Regarding the flights - so it's preferable to show an Orbitz page showing a list of schedules to our actual booked tickets (which are fully flexible)? Seems a little arbitrary given that there are probably 20+ flights out of JFK to London every day.....but if that's what they want then of course I'll do it.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Ah Ok thanks. I'll just include some bills and bank statements then. Or will the 12 months of statements I've included for the financial info which include her name count?
You need to show a selection of bills, tenancy agreements-not just bank statements-from across your marriage.

Regarding the flights - so it's preferable to show an Orbitz page showing a list of schedules to our actual booked tickets (which are fully flexible)? Seems a little arbitrary given that there are probably 20+ flights out of JFK to London every day.....but if that's what they want then of course I'll do it.
No. Find a potential flight and print it. It's just to back up the date that you indicate you'd like to travel. You are not held to travelling on that date and as I said you shouldn't book travel before your visa is issued as there is no guarantee that your application will be decided in time for you to travel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to show a selection of bills, tenancy agreements-not just bank statements-from across your marriage.
Hmm thanks - hopefully the contract of sale on our house from 2012 will be good enough. Don't really keep old bills and such, especially from 6 years ago. Don't have much else to evidence our joint finances other than tax returns as I tend to pay all the bills.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.