Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all!

The time has finally come to run our final spouse visa checklist past you all. We would truly appreciate your feedback if anything is necessary or missing. My husband will be flying to the States on Saturday morning and we will be paying for priority processing to hopefully be reunited asap :)

Here's what we have:

His:
Application form (he will obviously fill this in the States so we don't yet have it)
Appendix 2 form (filled out in handwriting)
Biometrics receipt (will get in the US)
2 Passport pictures with name on back
Letter of introduction (details of our relationship and plans for future - 2 pages)
Passport
Birth Certificate
Word document explaining when he would like to fly back and that he has somebody offering to pay for his flight with air-miles
(We don't have anything to prove his English language skills as we thought this was necessary as he is a US Citizen - is this right?)

My:
Letter of Sponsorship (2 pages; how we met, got engaged, when we married, shared interests, plans for future)
Colour copy of passport page with my details on
Colour scan copy of my birth certificate
Form SU07/12 (couldn't work out if we need this)

Financial:
Letter from my employer stating when I started, that my salary has been xxx since I began, that my contract is permanent.
My contract of employment
6 months payslips which show my gross annual wage, each signed by my employer.
6 months bank statements to correspond (sent from the bank by post).
Colour copy of my P60 signed by my employer (as my post version hasn't arrived).

Proof of accommodation:
House contract/lease
Letter from our landlord stating that the initial contract was signed through an agency and was for a term until April 15th, but now the contract is ongoing between us and him, and that he is happy and gives his permission for us both to live there.
Council Tax bill (dated November)
Utilities Bill (dated April)
Car insurance policy of both of us (dated March)

Proof of relationship:
Marriage certificate
Pictures from wedding (7)
Pictures of time together/travel (8)
Skype logs (couldn't get FaceTime records) and Facebook logs - few pages spanning months we were apart.
Handwritten letters (should we send originals or just copies?)
List of times we traveled together & copy of some boarding passes. Copy of stamp I received when visiting him in the US (we were only apart 4 months and I did one visit). His stamps are in his passport - should we photocopy these for relevant section too.

Thank you so much for any feedback!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You don't need his birth certificate.
Instead of a word document about flight plans, just go onto an airline website, choose a flight plan with your travel date and do a screen print. You don't need to actually book anything.
You don't need your birth certificate nor the SU07/12.
You don't need the utility bill.
The car insurance bill isn't necessary, but could be helpful.
You don't need handwritten letters during your relationship.
You don't need to photocopy his travel in his passport, they will have the original.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Oh, you need your return shipping envelope with the waybill information.

I'm assuming you aren't applying priority since you don't mention it.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
She says they are paying for priority.

In addition to the above:

His US passport is proof that he speaks English.

You need a council tax or other utility bill-not both. Car insurance bill is unnecessary.

If you aren't sending your original P60 have it stamped or authenticated by your employer. Otherwise, wait for the original.

Send your itineraries or e-tickets from trips taken to visit each other. No list necessary.

Remember he has to pay the NHS Surcharge before he can apply.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Oops, didn't see mention of priority when I read back over the actual list.

In that case, make sure you include the priority receipt and write "Priority Settlement" in large letters on both sides of your envelope.
As nyclon said, in the actual application they will ask how he meets the language requirement and he will say "US Citizen".
The council tax bill or utility bill serve as proof of address. I see the joint car insurance bill could serve as proof of joint financial responsibility, so would fit in better with relationship evidence.

Good luck! :D

We're getting married in three weeks and are starting to put together our evidence for the FLR(M).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, this is very helpful.

The reason we were going to add in the letters was because we can't retrieve a log of our FaceTime calls which is the main way we communicated. Should we explain this or will the daily Facebook messages suffice? Does anyone add in text messages?

With regards to my P60, could you clarify what you mean by 'authenticated' - would it be sufficient for my employer to write a note on company headed paper explaining that it is the authenticated electronic copy?

Also, could anyone advise on how we should put this together? I think I read somewhere we shouldn't use plastic wallets etc. We were going to hole punch everything and tie together - but what about passport, birth certificate, photos etc - can we put all these in a plastic folder or will they be a bit confusing then as they won't be in the relevant section?

Also on that note - is it advisable to stick the photographs down and write a short line explaining when/where they were taken? Or just write on the back of the photo? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, didn't see your replies. We are living together currently as we were married back in October. He is on a Tier 5 religious worker visa.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
If you are living together for the past 6 months or more, then proof of that is more important than Facetime, texts etc. That is for proving that you keep in touch whilst separated so you will need that for before the time that he came to the UK on his visa.

A letter from your employer on letterhead stating that the P60 is genuine is fine.

Do not hole punch or otherwise deface your documents. Simply put them in a logical order and tie them with string. Put passports and passport photos in a zip lock bag. Make copes of everything ant put in the same order.

Arrange photos on sheets of A4 with dates and a brief description.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, this is all so helpful!

For proof of living together we have;

Landlord letter to say we have both been there since October.
Tenancy agreement signed by us both.
Utility Bill and Council Tax bill addressed to us both.
Obviously, we both speak about it in his cover letter/my sponsor letter.

Anything else obvious we need?

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just one more quick question - I hope!

We received our bank statements through the mail this morning. I ordered them on Monday (20th) which is when my wage was paid in.

They turned up, but only showed transactions until the 17th, so my wages for April didn't show. My husband went into the bank to hopefully get the remaining period as a printout, with hopefully a stamp/letter to authenticate it.

The bank gave him a print out of the 6 wage transactions over the 6 months, instead of a printout of this last week. It is signed and specifies it was from our bank, printed today. To me, it seems great, as that's what they will be looking for on the statement anyway, but best to give exactly what they need hey!

Do we think this will suffice, or should I sprint to the bank later to get a week printout too? Or, just print a PDF?

Thanks guys. Sorry for the little niggly questions..

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
I suggest you get the statement for the missing period, stamped and certified.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.