1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Form: VAF4A

Hi all, i just registered,
I am in a situation where i am not sure what to do

I decided not to use a solicitor. So i have been preparing everything myself which would be ready in about 1 week.

and would like to take all the paperwork to my partners country-once worldbridge appointment has been booked for the biometrics and document submission,

My wife is from a non english speaking country. although her English certificate came today and she got a first class pass. She wont be able to do the form by herself.

I am in the UK right now. and she is in Turkey, Have to apply before 9th july of course but i dont go there until mid july....and wanted to submit the documents then at a worldbridge VAC during the time that i am there.

The application form, do I have the authority to complete it all myself? if so, when it asks the applicants questions.. she has to fill this in correct? or can i do it on her behalf? and if i can how do i put it. example..

8.1.4: Please provide detials of how you meet the Engish language requirements: My wife has completed the Language requirement...etc

is there somebody that knows about how it is written. i.e who can write it, i booked my holidays at work months ago... but the change came out on 11th june..

I have been signed off sick by the dr because of the stress, my manager felt my mentality wasent there and since i work for a public service company they i guess did not want to take a risk.

I have been/talked to a couple of solicitors for consultations/etc they are telling me different things, first appointment was in may including via internet as well..

hope somebody can help

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
YOU should be able to fill the application in for your Wife, provided that the information that she supplies matches the documentation that is surrendered to the UKBA. It goes without saying that she'll have to sign the actual application before submitting it.

Not sure if the UKBA has a block up in regards to applications done within the UK (have heard of this happening), so you might have to find a workaround for this (i.e. install Logmein onto her computer and your computer and then you log in to her computer from your location and submit the application from her computer.).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just apply and pay for the application before July 9 and book your WorldBridge appointment for when you get there and you should be fine. The important thing to remember is that the date in which you pay and apply is the date that the application is considered made.

One word of caution though... WorldBridge appointment must be made within 30 days from the date that you applied... i.e. if you applied and paid today (June 28), you would have until July 28 to get her biometrics and paperwork in to them.

hi sure, i know, will get a GFW number after paying. but my question was who could complete the form, can i complete it on my wives behalf?

regards,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YOU should be able to fill the application in for your Wife, provided that the information that she supplies matches the documentation that is surrendered to the UKBA. It goes without saying that she'll have to sign the actual application before submitting it.

Not sure if the UKBA has a block up in regards to applications done within the UK (have heard of this happening), so you might have to find a workaround for this (i.e. install Logmein onto her computer and your computer and then you log in to her computer from your location and submit the application from her computer.).
alrite thanks if i install that logmein thing- i will be giving my e-tickets for the visa, i mean from all my trips to turkey, and my bank statements will show it as well.. so the UKBA would they know i was not in turkey at the time of sending the visa application so they would think i lied on the application..

am i just worrying about nothing?

regards,

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
hi sure, i know, will get a GFW number after paying. but my question was who could complete the form, can i complete it on my wives behalf?

regards,
I don't see why you couldn't fill it in for your Wife and then send it in :) ... it would be no different than if you were to have gone through an agency and they submit it on your behalf... the UKBA just cares that the forms are filled in correctly and the fee(s) are paid.

Good Luck to You, your Wife and your application!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can and have the right to fill in the application on behalf of your wife, there is no problem in that but your wife has to sign it. You also fill in separate applications for each of your children. which is the same form with same questions... Of course UKBA do not expect children to fill in forms themselves..

I had a solicitor and he filled in the online forms on behalf of my family and send me reference numbers. I have to fill in the application again because he did so many mistakes, that shows anyone can fill in the application.

Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi . thanks fo the replies.

but i am still confused. i even paid for a online solicitor. but still i am confused.

i am doing the visa right now. i only have a few hours left to send it. or i have to wait until early month to apply as i get my bank statement tommorow. and if i wait and apply after the 1st, then i have to show my june bank statement i am assuming. if i apply before midnight today uk time i dont have to show it, and hope my wife can give in the paperwork early july... is this ok?

also..

I am the husband-Sponsor, she is the wife- Applicant.
when it asks questions about the application.. example

You stated that you receive income from other sources such as friends or family. Please give details of all money you receive from any/all source(s) including amounts and frequency. Please state which currency e.g. US Dollars or UK Pounds Sterling.

how do i start it.. if i write it myself.

I give my wife money every to travel to meet me when I arrive at the airport.

or

My husband gives me money to travel to meet him when he arrives

these are the only thing i am stuck on. i dont know what else to do.

i hope somebody can help again ...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mate;
You are helping your wife filling in the application, and write as if she is the writer...

You asked:
You stated that you receive income from other sources such as friends or family. Please give details of all money you receive from any/all source(s) including amounts and frequency. Please state which currency e.g. US Dollars or UK Pounds Sterling.

This is the correct context: My husband gives me money to travel to meet him when he arrives

But I have to say this is not a good answer to the above question; he question above asks about other source of income your wife may receive such as rents, regular money from her parents... part time employment...etc.., if you are the only one who provide for her, then you should have answered NO to the question before : do you receive income from other souce...etc...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uk Spouse Visa application form errors

Mate;
You are helping your wife filling in the application, and write as if she is the writer...

You asked:

This is the correct context: My husband gives me money to travel to meet him when he arrives

But I have to say this is not a good answer to the above question; he question above asks about other source of income your wife may receive such as rents, regular money from her parents... part time employment...etc.., if you are the only one who provide for her, then you should have answered NO to the question before : do you receive income from other souce...etc...
Hi thank you so much, i realised this yesterday and my partner is very angry with me. i also made some other mistakes. under the relevant question(my savings etc) I specified how much i have in the bank on my last bank statament, not the actual application date of the visa, and i forgot about another bank account i have but only used once, which contains hardly anything.

Will the visa get refused if i correct/add all the information on the print out?(from the online application), appoiintment has been booked and all. so unsure if i have to cancel and apply again. and if or when my fee will return. paid for 30th june.

Do i correct it on the actual form, and cross parts out, and add extra info there. or only add at the bottom where it says additional information?

it seems i made 4 mistakes: selecting wrong box, entering info when not required, wrong bank balance added- these 3 are because i misinterpred the question. the last one of course is forgetting to mention 16 pounds in other bank. that has never been used till last month when i cancelld one bank card and transfered the money into that one.

this is killing everything between me and my wife. I hope somebody can help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
These things should not affect your application, the embassy will consider that your wife do not have other source of income because you did not prove you have.

In other words, they will ignore that question.

You do not need to tell the embassy about every bank account, only If you have large amount of savings in your bank account or you have source of income such as additional work you do, then you should include this in the application to make your case strong.

If you do not tell the embassy about some money you have, they will not include it in your case. and consider that you do not have it.

DO NOT add anything to the print out copy of your application, the embassy already have another copy on their computers and will look in to that. do not alter anything now.

I hope this helps you calm down a bit. and hopefully you will get positive result.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
DO NOT add anything to the print out copy of your application, the embassy already have another copy on their computers and will look in to that. do not alter anything now.
Actually, corrections can be made to the printed application. The UKBA is very understanding about corrections provided the error is lined out with a single line, and the correction made either in the margin or on a separate page.

Several of us have had to make corrections in this way, and since our visas were granted, I have to think making corrections was not a problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uk Spouse Visa why am i finding it so hard

Actually, corrections can be made to the printed application. The UKBA is very understanding about corrections provided the error is lined out with a single line, and the correction made either in the margin or on a separate page.

Several of us have had to make corrections in this way, and since our visas were granted, I have to think making corrections was not a problem.
Hello, thanks again for the help, i contacted worldbridge as well, and they did say that errors can be lined out for things such as spelling mistakes.

but if a mistake affects the next answer then they would advise to cancel and re submit the application.

i chose YES instead of NO for one column, and because i chose YES it asked me to fill in information. which i filled in. but i did not need to fill any of it and was supposed to click NO. that was the main one problem i am thinking about.

so i think i will have to cancel and re submit it. but i dont think the payment will be returned before the 9th. so i have to apply sooner.

This covering letter that has to be written. i have to specify my funds in my account. are these funds based on the date of the application?(online application) if i apply again it will i have over 901 pounds less savings because of the current visa fee that i paid. although the balance is fine. pending balance i was told today by an advisor at the bank is the savings.. :( i have about 3200 now pending (4300 balance), i have spent 4200 already since end of may :( should of had just over 7000 if i did not spend anything.

90% of it was for the visa/wedding ceremony(culutural celebration)(post civil marriage)

i know the ukba has not specified minimum fund yet. but i did hear they look for around 2000-300 in account. although i have read people getting visas for thier partners who have less than that.

I have asked so many friends/relatives for some questions, but they all did paper applications because thier partners were from countries which did not have it online.

Its nice you are living in Scotland, its always good going there and hearing all the accents there again. I have more relatives in Glasgow than England.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hello, thanks again for the help, i contacted worldbridge as well, and they did say that errors can be lined out for things such as spelling mistakes.

but if a mistake affects the next answer then they would advise to cancel and re submit the application.

i chose YES instead of NO for one column, and because i chose YES it asked me to fill in information. which i filled in. but i did not need to fill any of it and was supposed to click NO. that was the main one problem i am thinking about.

so i think i will have to cancel and re submit it. but i dont think the payment will be returned before the 9th. so i have to apply sooner.

This covering letter that has to be written. i have to specify my funds in my account. are these funds based on the date of the application?(online application) if i apply again it will i have over 901 pounds less savings because of the current visa fee that i paid. although the balance is fine. pending balance i was told today by an advisor at the bank is the savings.. :( i have about 3200 now pending (4300 balance), i have spent 4200 already since end of may :( should of had just over 7000 if i did not spend anything.

90% of it was for the visa/wedding ceremony(culutural celebration)(post civil marriage)

i know the ukba has not specified minimum fund yet. but i did hear they look for around 2000-300 in account. although i have read people getting visas for thier partners who have less than that.

I have asked so many friends/relatives for some questions, but they all did paper applications because thier partners were from countries which did not have it online.

Its nice you are living in Scotland, its always good going there and hearing all the accents there again. I have more relatives in Glasgow than England.
I really love it here in Scotland, although I could do with a bit less rain, lol!

Since the only problem is that you answered yes to that one question, you can line out that yes and the further information-no need to cancel your entire application. And too, because you don't have to cancel the current application, you also don't need to worry about the bank account amount.

The UKBA understands that you will have had expenses between submitting the online application, and sending in the hard copy of the application, and the time the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) gets his/her hands on the hard copies to begin processing your application, so don't let that worry you overmuch either.

Money-wise, because your application is pre-9 July (because THERE IS NO NEED TO CANCEL THE ONE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED!), the ECO will be checking to see that you will have at least £111.45 per week left over after housing and council tax, add about £65 for each child if any. They do look at savings but I have no idea what the criteria is for that, just that you need to have that amount per week as above (£111.45).

That amount will change, the place to keep an eye on it is:

Income Support - how to claim and how much you can get : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Scroll down for the table. Be sure to keep a check on that page so that when you go to the next stage visa application you will know how much money you'll need at that time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really love it here in Scotland, although I could do with a bit less rain, lol!

Since the only problem is that you answered yes to that one question, you can line out that yes and the further information-no need to cancel your entire application. And too, because you don't have to cancel the current application, you also don't need to worry about the bank account amount.

The UKBA understands that you will have had expenses between submitting the online application, and sending in the hard copy of the application, and the time the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) gets his/her hands on the hard copies to begin processing your application, so don't let that worry you overmuch either.

Money-wise, because your application is pre-9 July (because THERE IS NO NEED TO CANCEL THE ONE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED!), the ECO will be checking to see that you will have at least £111.45 per week left over after housing and council tax, add about £65 for each child if any. They do look at savings but I have no idea what the criteria is for that, just that you need to have that amount per week as above (£111.45).

That amount will change, the place to keep an eye on it is:

Income Support - how to claim and how much you can get : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Scroll down for the table. Be sure to keep a check on that page so that when you go to the next stage visa application you will know how much money you'll need at that time.

hi thanks again for the help, it is so difficult here, my cousin told me years ago to move to glasgow. i stupidly did not as i had a job with with nhs.. have another one with them now....

you are definetly in the right place, financially things are getting worser all over the world. london is going down, and america as well. as well as spain, greece, italy...

i have one question again sorry :), umm...i specified how much savings i had on theapplication form.. but i said. how much i had on my last bank statement(1st june). not the application date(30th june) if i correct this is this going to be a problem?

thanks for the help again

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
hi thanks again for the help, it is so difficult here, my cousin told me years ago to move to glasgow. i stupidly did not as i had a job with with nhs.. have another one with them now....

you are definetly in the right place, financially things are getting worser all over the world. london is going down, and america as well. as well as spain, greece, italy...

i have one question again sorry :), umm...i specified how much savings i had on theapplication form.. but i said. how much i had on my last bank statement(1st june). not the application date(30th june) if i correct this is this going to be a problem?

thanks for the help again
We're north of Edinburgh, in fact, north of Dundee just a bit. I don't think I could blast my husband out of his native Scotland with TNT, lol! He had a job offer in Wales but took a different one to stay in Scotland. I have to say though that things here are every bit as difficult as in England-jobs are very scarce, you have to know someone, or have skills like you must have to be with NHS.

You can correct that amount the same way as the other correction, with a line through the amount, and the correct amount in the margin. However, you probably don't need to do that unless the difference is huge. We had a fairly significant difference of over £5K that I didn't think to correct, and the UKBA didn't say anything about it.

Re the corrections-so's ya know, I had three on my application. Apparently it wasn't a problem-I got my visa:)

·
Registered
631 Posts
We're north of Edinburgh, in fact, north of Dundee just a bit. I don't think I could blast my husband out of his native Scotland with TNT, lol! He had a job offer in Wales but took a different one to stay in Scotland. I have to say though that things here are every bit as difficult as in England-jobs are very scarce, you have to know someone, or have skills like you must have to be with NHS.

You can correct that amount the same way as the other correction, with a line through the amount, and the correct amount in the margin. However, you probably don't need to do that unless the difference is huge. We had a fairly significant difference of over £5K that I didn't think to correct, and the UKBA didn't say anything about it.

Re the corrections-so's ya know, I had three on my application. Apparently it wasn't a problem-I got my visa:)
I haven't finished my application yet, but I would think that UKBA understands that bank balances are moving targets (that is one reason you need a few months of statements). Unless you are talking about more than a few hundred difference (or you are right on the borderline), I don't think they will be too strict (after all 16 quid isn't really enough to change whether you can afford your housing).

M

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

wow 5000....hmm..ill would of used that much by next week or something, for the past month...i am still thinking about what worldbridge-Visa Application Centre where u do biometrics and they courier the supporting documents to the embassy) said to me

they just said

'If you made a little mistake (for example: a letter mistake in your name)which will not effect the answer of the next question, you can correct it with a red pen on the print out of the online application form. If the mistake is not just a letter but a whole sentence or effects the answer of the next question, we advise you to fill out a new online application form. You can request a refund form through Visa4UK :: Refund Request for your first online application form'

the big mistake i did. was Selecting the box YES, when i was supposed to Select NO,(in regards to questions if my wife has recieved income from family or friends, i put something like ' i get money from my husband to travel to airport to meet him, taxi,bus, coach when he comes to to see me, 119 euros, 55 euros, and for english books' etc, im more crazier, what if the eco thinks she has another husband even if i cross it out, because i mentioned husband. even tho the question does not relate to the sponsor, but i did not know that at the time :S. :( ) which affected the next answer because i wrote things where i was not supposed to write, although if i cross it out it will not affect it right since it will be nothing? is this correct? but then i can not add anything and put NO in the row above and cross out YES?(the yes and no were from the application selectable questions, i did not type them, so dont know if i can alter them, as it is not my answer)
i am not sure if adding things on the form is ok. if you or anyone you have spoken to anyone before had added things to a form, a word. not just a letter(character) and had visa accepted.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
wow 5000....hmm..ill would of used that much by next week or something, for the past month...i am still thinking about what worldbridge-Visa Application Centre where u do biometrics and they courier the supporting documents to the embassy) said to me

they just said

'If you made a little mistake (for example: a letter mistake in your name)which will not effect the answer of the next question, you can correct it with a red pen on the print out of the online application form. If the mistake is not just a letter but a whole sentence or effects the answer of the next question, we advise you to fill out a new online application form. You can request a refund form through Visa4UK :: Refund Request for your first online application form'

the big mistake i did. was Selecting the box YES, when i was supposed to Select NO,(in regards to questions if my wife has recieved income from family or friends, i put something like ' i get money from my husband to travel to airport to meet him, taxi,bus, coach when he comes to to see me, 119 euros, 55 euros, and for english books' etc, im more crazier, what if the eco thinks she has another husband even if i cross it out, because i mentioned husband. even tho the question does not relate to the sponsor, but i did not know that at the time :S. :( ) which affected the next answer because i wrote things where i was not supposed to write, although if i cross it out it will not affect it right since it will be nothing? is this correct? but then i can not add anything and put NO in the row above and cross out YES?(the yes and no were from the application selectable questions, i did not type them, so dont know if i can alter them, as it is not my answer)
i am not sure if adding things on the form is ok. if you or anyone you have spoken to anyone before had added things to a form, a word. not just a letter(character) and had visa accepted.
Between airfare, application, and living expenses (even though I was staying with my son), yes, we dropped quite a lot of money out of our savings:eek:

You are the husband, you gave her the money. The ECO isn't going to think that she's got more than one, that one being you:)

You can cross that out, or you can leave it. Now that you've explained it, I think I would just leave it since it's true anyway, and although it's not what they were looking for in that question (they are asking about regular income, not her husband-you-covering her travel expenses, etc). I misunderstood a question on the form, and still got my visa even though later I realised I'd misunderstood. Later, when it was too late to change the information because I'd already sent the hard copies.

Adding things to the form, though, and making corrections is fine. You can make a note in the margin like 'see attached', and then explain as simply as you can what happened.

I did it in three places on my application-and I got my visa.

·
Registered
58 Posts
On the money situation just add a note saying that you now have more or less than what you said. Just make sure you can prove it. I flew over to be with my fiance when we applied and took mini statements fron the atm in the airport before I left scotland lol. It wont matter about mistakes as long as you have proof

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.