Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I plan to apply UK spouse visa in a couple of months so theres a few things that I wanna know before I do this.

My husband he does 3 jobs for getting 18600pounds per year, hes job histories are:
He started his 1st job 8 months ago, he started his 2ed job about 4 months ago, and he just started his 3rd job 2 months ago.

But when me apply this visa his last 6 months income will be over 9300pound, so theres a question is is that ok he does 3 jobs and one of them only has 5 months work history?

Any smart answer will get highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Z.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
If I remember correctly if you are applying using more than 1 job, you should apply under Category B instead and as such, you will need to supply his previous 12 months of payslips and bank statements, and he must prove that he's earned £18,600 over the past 12 months.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
While 3 jobs under Cat A is possible, you need at least 6-month work history for all of them, so in your case you need to wait 4 more months to bring the third job to 6 months. Plus required documents for all three: contract, employment letter, payslips and bank statement. Plus P60, though it will only reflect income from the first job for the first few months (staple a note explaining this).
Are they part-time jobs? Having to work 3 jobs to earn £18,600 seems crazy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Leanna, thanks for your answer, it does my head in because I just read more about applying visa online, if we apply with Cat A then his monthly wage should be higher than 1550 before tax. But the way they ( 3 jobs) pay him is weekly wage, and I just added them together some months are lower than 1550 because he just started one of his jobs a few months ago.
But if we apply with Cat B then he will need to do it longer then we wont be able to apply it until next September, he does 6 night shifts per week and sometimes does 7 nights per week, its mad.
But if we apply with Cat A do you think we will get this visa?
It does my head in lately. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Joppa, thanks for your post, he does 3 jobs and they are all part time jobs, he will get his P60 next April, well, he has his P60 of 2013, but it only shows 2 months wage (like what you said) which was 2000 because he did 3 night shifts per week at that time (February and March of 2013).

I read online axl365 didnt get visa and he does 2 jobs and his wage is higher than 18k.
Also I didnt see much people get this visa with doing a few jobs. :(

But if we apply with Cat A does his monthly wage has to be higher than 1550pounds before tax? N. Ireland's wage is wee bit lower than England, he has to do 3 jobs then his wage can be at least 18600pound per year.

We thought about applying EEA visa before cos he holds irish passport also, but then we read on UKBA, it says Irish/ British dual citizen does not have the right to apply EEA if they have never live and work in other EU countries. :(

Applying this visa just does my head in. :S

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
If you are on non-salaried jobs, you can take the average over 6 months to get the annual amount, which must be at least £18,600.
Applying under Cat A is possible, but as I've said, you need to have all required details for all three over 6 months. Any missing document can mean refusal, or more likely, put on hold and more delay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are on non-salaried jobs, you can take the average over 6 months to get the annual amount, which must be at least £18,600.
Applying under Cat A is possible, but as I've said, you need to have all required details for all three over 6 months. Any missing document can mean refusal, or more likely, put on hold and more delay.
Hello, the way they count wage is:
(Month 1+2+3+4+5+6) / 6 x 2
Is that right?
So once his las 6 months income is over 9300pound, also he works for them over 6 months then me can apply this visa, is that right?

Thank you. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hi, one more silly question, if so, does his wage have to be higher than 1550pound per month before tax still?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
For non-salaried jobs, you work out as you've stated. Monthly income doesn't have to be £1,550 minimum, provided jobs are non-salaried (e.g. hourly-paid) and confirmed by contract and letter of employment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For non-salaried jobs, you work out as you've stated. Monthly income doesn't have to be £1,550 minimum, provided jobs are non-salaried (e.g. hourly-paid) and confirmed by contract and letter of employment.
Thank you. :)
Your advice and swers are very helpful, guess we should just wait until he has those jobs for at least 6 months then apply this spouse visa, hope things will go well, fingers crossed.

Thanks again, and God bless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.