Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I applied for a spouse visa in March 2013 and just heard back yesterday. I meet the financial requirement through the use of two jobs. The first is me working for a retail store and the second is through working as a carer. My second job, I get paid some months cash in cash whilst other times in cheque. I submitted 6 months banks statements along with the payslips showing the tax has been paid. However, I received a reply from the UKBA yesterday stating the following:

"However, you have not submitted the personal bank statements corresponding to the same period as the wage slips showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly. The bank statements do not contain any of the £849.07 cheque payments recorded on the payslips. I am therefore not satisfied that your sponsor is employed....."

Now my second employer sends my payslips along with my salary to the bank account of the individual who I care for. This person is disabled and depending on their current situation, either gives me the salary in cash or a cheque. Now the company who employ me wrote down cheque on their letter which I submitted; however as I just described this is down to the individual who I care for.

I have been given three weeks to hand in additional documents. What could/should I do? Would me asking my employer to write a letter confirming that even though they previously described payment through cheque, it is actually the individual who is being cared for who ultimately defines how I get paid? Furthermore, would a letter from the person I care for confirming that they pay in cash in hand on occasions suffice.

I feel the refusal was down the the UKBA expecting cheque payments but the bank statements showing a mixture of both cheque and cash in hand which is out of my control.

Any advice will be appreciated

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi

I applied for a spouse visa in March 2013 and just heard back yesterday. I meet the financial requirement through the use of two jobs. The first is me working for a retail store and the second is through working as a carer. My second job, I get paid some months cash in cash whilst other times in cheque. I submitted 6 months banks statements along with the payslips showing the tax has been paid. However, I received a reply from the UKBA yesterday stating the following:

"However, you have not submitted the personal bank statements corresponding to the same period as the wage slips showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly. The bank statements do not contain any of the £849.07 cheque payments recorded on the payslips. I am therefore not satisfied that your sponsor is employed....."

Now my second employer sends my payslips along with my salary to the bank account of the individual who I care for. This person is disabled and depending on their current situation, either gives me the salary in cash or a cheque. Now the company who employ me wrote down cheque on their letter which I submitted; however as I just described this is down to the individual who I care for.

I have been given three weeks to hand in additional documents. What could/should I do? Would me asking my employer to write a letter confirming that even though they previously described payment through cheque, it is actually the individual who is being cared for who ultimately defines how I get paid? Furthermore, would a letter from the person I care for confirming that they pay in cash in hand on occasions suffice.

I feel the refusal was down the the UKBA expecting cheque payments but the bank statements showing a mixture of both cheque and cash in hand which is out of my control.

Any advice will be appreciated
Guidance for cash in hand jobs explicitly states that for that money to count towards meeting the financial requirements, it must be deposited into an account. If you haven't been depositing the cash you have been receiving from that job, I'm afraid UKBA will not consider it as part of your income.

Yours is a complicated situation with your money essentially passing through two hands before reaching you, however, you would still need to show the amount you are claiming being deposited into an account, which it would seem you haven't, yes?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have deposited ALL the cash into the account. However, some of my pay was cash in hand whilst other was in cheque form. My employers wrote a letter saying cheque. If I could contact my employer and get them to clarify would this be ok?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.