Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently downloaded UK/Spain (SI 1976 number 1919) (Form Spain-Individual), I know that I have to complete and send the English part to the UK HMRC along with certificate “Residencia Fiscal en España Convenio” from the Spanish Tax Authorities, of which I am awaiting. The question is regarding the Spanish section of the form, 1. Do I fill it in in Spanish or English. 2. Where do I send this part of the form & whom. 3. Does it require authorisation (i.e. stamped)from the Spanish Tax Office.

Kind regards,

Terence.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I have recently downloaded UK/Spain (SI 1976 number 1919) (Form Spain-Individual), I know that I have to complete and send the English part to the UK HMRC along with certificate “Residencia Fiscal en España Convenio” from the Spanish Tax Authorities, of which I am awaiting. The question is regarding the Spanish section of the form, 1. Do I fill it in in Spanish or English. 2. Where do I send this part of the form & whom. 3. Does it require authorisation (i.e. stamped)from the Spanish Tax Office.

Kind regards,

Terence.
We took both English and Spanish to the local tax office, they filled in both kept the Spanish one and we sent the English one back to the U.K., Cardiff I think. With the forms were instructions in English.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I contacted HMRC regarding my UK OAP, due early next year. They told me to only fill out the English half, attach the original of the “Residencia Fiscal en España Convenio” and send it to the Cardiff address as explained on the form. They said the Hacienda would not be interested in filling out the Spanish part! The conversation was specific to my UK State Pension. Might be worth talking to HMRC just to check if it is worth your trouble completing the Spanish half - tel +44 135535 9022

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I contacted HMRC regarding my UK OAP, due early next year. They told me to only fill out the English half, attach the original of the “Residencia Fiscal en España Convenio” and send it to the Cardiff address as explained on the form. They said the Hacienda would not be interested in filling out the Spanish part! The conversation was specific to my UK State Pension. Might be worth talking to HMRC just to check if it is worth your trouble completing the Spanish half - tel +44 135535 9022
I suspect it depends on the area you live, here they were very interested, probably because they had never encountered this type of paperwork before, there being only three others from the U.K. residing on the island.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts