Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm relatively new to the forum and have a quick question that I couldn't find an answer for by searching. :)

I'm a US citizen and my wife is a dual UK/US citizen (so are our two children). I have previously lived in the UK under a UK Settlement Spousal Visa, so I'm familiar with the application process. I also understand that my wife has to accompany me into the UK for the first time to "activate" my visa. At least that was the rule back in 2007 when I received my visa.

Here's my question:

Once we enter the UK, does my wife have to stay in the UK with me, or can she leave and for example spend the summer in the US? I'll be working in the UK, so that's not the issue, but my wife and children would like to spend the summer in the US.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Hi,

I'm relatively new to the forum and have a quick question that I couldn't find an answer for by searching. :)

I'm a US citizen and my wife is a dual UK/US citizen (so are our two children). I have previously lived in the UK under a UK Settlement Spousal Visa, so I'm familiar with the application process. I also understand that my wife has to accompany me into the UK for the first time to "activate" my visa. At least that was the rule back in 2007 when I received my visa.
The rule is she either travels ahead of you or together, but you cannot arrive before her.

Here's my question:

Once we enter the UK, does my wife have to stay in the UK with me, or can she leave and for example spend the summer in the US? I'll be working in the UK, so that's not the issue, but my wife and children would like to spend the summer in the US.
That's fine. No problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.