Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is my first post on the site so please bear with me...

Im a serving Royal Marine Commando but I'm looking for a new challange and life in the United States and was looking for some help as I'm not sure what options I have and looking at the visa information I'm slowly becoming confused about the best route to go.

Situation:
26y/o male
Girlfriend is US citizen living in Virginia
I have 5 years experience working within the IT industry and 3 years military experiance including a 6month tour of Afghanistan - looking to combine the 2 for future exployment.

I have 12months left to serve but would like to get the ball rolling as I understand that the proccess can be lenghtly and would like to have something in place by the early part of next year if possible (am I thinking about things to early or am I being unrealistic?)

I hope that someone out there might be able to point me in the right direction..

Many thanks in advance
RJ

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Hi,

Im a serving Royal Marine Commando but I'm looking for a new challange and life in the United States and was looking for some help as I'm not sure what options I have and looking at the visa information I'm slowly becoming confused about the best route to go.

Situation:
26y/o male
I have 5 years experience working within the IT industry and 3 years military experiance including a 6month tour of Afghanistan - looking to combine the 2 for future exployment.

I have 12months left to serve but would like to get the ball rolling as I understand that the proccess can be lenghtly and would like to have something in place by the early part of next year if possible (am I thinking about things to early or am I being unrealistic?)

I hope that someone out there might be able to point me in the right direction..

Many thanks in advance
RJ
Choices:

1.Find a job in your field with sponsoring employer and obtain work visa. Start networking/researching etc

2. Marry US girlfriend and move over on spouse visa. For this look here:

USCIS - Family of U.S. Citizens

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Hi,

Situation:
26y/o male

Many thanks in advance
RJ
get a fiancee visa

K1 Process Flowchart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.