Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone out there can help me.

I am a UK resident and am currently travelling Australia. I have a travel blog and it has advertising on it. If and when the adverts generate some income, where do I pay my tax, in the UK or in Australia? Also, I am planning to travel Europe next and will have the same issue there I assume.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You pay tax in your 'tax home or tax domicile'. As you are on a Holiday and not specifically working in AU your tax home should still be the UK. Even when you Holiday in Europe the same rule should apply.

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone out there can help me.

I am a UK resident and am currently travelling Australia. I have a travel blog and it has advertising on it. If and when the adverts generate some income, where do I pay my tax, in the UK or in Australia? Also, I am planning to travel Europe next and will have the same issue there I assume.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
You beat me to it....yes, you'd pay tax in your home country.

Dolly

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
The HMRC website should cover this HM Revenue & Customs: Home Page

As Amaslam says you are a UK resident and so should pay tax on your world wide income there.

The big difference is that you are travelling for a holiday and not working.

I know that I was a UK resident and working in the Netherlands (and an IT consultant) I had to make sure that I didn't work over a certain number of days otherwise I would have to pay tax in the Netherlands.

Regards,
Karen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts