Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

First of all, I would like to thank especially Joppa and Jrge for their helpful answers & those who asked the questions I needed to be answered considering the EEA Family Permit.
My husband is from Namibia, where we currently live. The EEA Family Permit has been issued a few days ago - it was so quick - and we are more than happy!!

We will move to England in September, where I will start to study. So now I've been thinking about the next step, to apply for a residence card for him. I've been reading a little through the forum and came up with the following questions:

1) Shall I apply for a residence certificate? ( I am from Germany)
2) If so, does this certificate have to be issued before he can apply for the residence card?
3) Since I am a full-time student, I didn't intend to work, but my husband does. I've read that it's not important if the non-EEA National works or not, but that the EEA National works, and earns so much, that at the end of the month, after paying for the rent and tax, etc. there's still an amount of approx. 115 GBP. Is this correct? We were thinking that it's my husband responsibility to look for a job & to have a job, when applying for a residence card.
4) If the EEA FP expires before he has received the residence card, can he still stay?

We would be thankful for any advice!
June

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Registration certificate for you is optional.
There is no set amount you or your spouse needs to earn. If he applies for residence card on the basis of your student status, both of you will need comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI - private medical cover), which will cost about £500 a year each.
If the permit expires in the meantime, he can still stay but if he is refused residence card, steps will be taken to remove him from UK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick respond Joppa! There is one question that I will need to ask. I will be insured in my parents insurance in Germany, which is free for me, until I will turn 25. ( I am 23 now). It's called "Family Insurance". Is this fine, or do I have to be insured in England?

And do we have to show evidence of our relationship this time as well? Like photos, conversations in whatsapp and calls in viber etc.?
Or is this done by sending the tenancy agreement, joint bank accounts…?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.