Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a place in France and purchased a UK registered LHD Citroen for use in France. I have changed the head lights and got it through the CT.

I have scoured the forums and internet to find out if I need a certificate of conformity or not when registering it in France for French plates.
I asked my local Citroen dealer who tried to get one but couldn't because the car originated in France.
The twist is that it was originally purchased and used in France for a number of years before export and registration to the UK which is obvious from the Service book (I didn't notice this). There was an old CT in the windscreen which ran out last April and it had been UK registered for about 18 Months. There is no old French paperwork e.g. Carte Greis only the service book.

So the question is as it originated from France and is being re-imported do I still need a C of C?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I believe you will always need a CoC, I also think your dealer is avaiding doing some extra work.

Do you have a UK postal address? If so go onto the UK manufactures website and do a search for CoC and you can order one at no charge, on the Renault site any way.

I guess you might be able to do the same thing on the French site but I have found the French manufacturer sites have a love affair with adobe flash and no easy way to search for useful stuff.

Tank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer

I believe you will always need a CoC, I also think your dealer is avaiding doing some extra work.

Do you have a UK postal address? If so go onto the UK manufactures website and do a search for CoC and you can order one at no charge, on the Renault site any way.

I guess you might be able to do the same thing on the French site but I have found the French manufacturer sites have a love affair with adobe flash and no easy way to search for useful stuff.

Tank

Thanks Tank,
The dealer was helpful, they asked Citroen UK and supplied the VIN, it was Citroen UK that would not supply the CC because I was taking the car to France. I suspect that I will need one and have to ask Citroen France for it.
I just thought that as the car originated in France I wouldn't need one!! That would be hoping for too much.

Moosey

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just thought that as the car originated in France I wouldn't need one!! That would be hoping for too much.

Moosey
Maybe if you try after lunch you might get lucky..... Had a quick look on another site and it seems to vary prefecture to prefecture

·
Registered
25 Posts

Tank
Hi i've just joined the site and thought this would help anyone with a uk reg mercedes (left hand drive), my wife and I asked at a UK merc dealer for a CoC and we were told it would cost £125.00, luckily they put a message on their site saying all mercs were issued a yellow folder in the clove box, which contained the COC and after we checked it was still there (it was brought second hand and 10 years old),:) i too was told they issued them for free?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have been having a right game getting my 29 year old VW camper registered in france. CoC cost me €150 and i only got a partial, it then needs testing for noise. more money. it has taken 6 months so far and still not registered.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have been having a right game getting my 29 year old VW camper registered in france. CoC cost me €150 and i only got a partial, it then needs testing for noise. more money. it has taken 6 months so far and still not registered.
you have got to ask yourself, "Why bother" you can have it tested here in France on English plates, insure it over the internet (they have to cover you for Europe, third party only by law) I know the road tax is a problem, but i spent over a year in my motorhome in Europe and when i contacted the DVLA, they said "no problem, tax and test it on your return", but the law is the law, so i think its best to keep trying, but i think i would have had a year break and try again next year, just a thought:bathbaby:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.