Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

First time posting on here! I am a UK qualified Social Worker and I am thinking of getting a one year working holiday visa in either Oz or NZ. I have friends who have lived and worked as Social Worker's in Oz so I know that it can be done and that work is fairly easy to come by, but pretty much everyone I know who has been to both Oz and NZ has preferred NZ. But I cant seem to find any information anywhere about the situation with WHV's/UK social work degrees/ability to find work etc etc - I am really hoping that there is someone out there who may be able to shed some light on the situation for me, if I could find out a bit more then I could make a bit more of an informed decision about where is best to live and work for a year. At the moment I feel like I am sort of choosing OZ due to lack of information about NZ. I would be really grateful if someone could help me with this. If it leads to my decision to choose NZ I will buy you a drink when I get there.

Thanking you in advance

johnnyrotten x

·
Registered
3,133 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
about SW in NZ, any Luck yet?

Hello everyone!

First time posting on here! I am a UK qualified Social Worker and I am thinking of getting a one year working holiday visa in either Oz or NZ. I have friends who have lived and worked as Social Worker's in Oz so I know that it can be done and that work is fairly easy to come by, but pretty much everyone I know who has been to both Oz and NZ has preferred NZ. But I cant seem to find any information anywhere about the situation with WHV's/UK social work degrees/ability to find work etc etc - I am really hoping that there is someone out there who may be able to shed some light on the situation for me, if I could find out a bit more then I could make a bit more of an informed decision about where is best to live and work for a year. At the moment I feel like I am sort of choosing OZ due to lack of information about NZ. I would be really grateful if someone could help me with this. If it leads to my decision to choose NZ I will buy you a drink when I get there.

Thanking you in advance

johnnyrotten x
Hi

In same boat as you, from Scotland and looking to go to NZ to work as social worker, I have a recruitment comany looking at jobs for me but was hoping to find out more about actually working as a social worker in NZ, have you had any luck??
Im a bit worried about taking a cut in wages but understand cost of living is lower in NZ so should not (I hope) be an issues.

Michelle:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.