Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I have just submitted my online fiance settlement visa (vaf4a) and paid the amount due for the application.. FINALLY :D

Myself and my fiance would like to pay the extra to make our VISA application priority. When following the link on the gov.uk website it takes me to a VFS Global site with a 'Priority Visa Service' section for $187. I have two questions.

1. My fiance in U.S who is the applicant is sending me her paperwork (inc. biometrics when completed) by mail so I can add my information to it in England and send it to Sheffield. As long as we mark the package PRIORITY on external and include the receipt of payment I'm hoping it will not matter that I'll be sending the finished package from within the U.K?

2. Under the section 'Who Can Apply?' it states the following;

Who can apply?

This service is available for all visa categories with the exception of: Tier 1 exceptional talent, Settlement, EEA Family Permit and Overseas and Commonwealth visa applications. EEA Family Permit applicants are not required to purchase priority services. EEA Family Permit applications are considered priority, free of any additional charge

I thought a fiance visa was a settlement VISA, in which case is it exempt from this service? Should I be using another service that I am not aware of?

I would be very grateful for anyones help on this.

Thanks for everyones continued support, its making a confusing procedure a lot easier!

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
$187 is the priority service for non-settlement applications. Look further down under the section for "settlement priority visa" - It's actually $562.

The fiance visa is indeed a settlement visa.

Doesn't matter where you send the documents from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.