Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have a question, moved to UK when i was 9yrs old from France, worked and contributed from the age of 13yrs old (from a Sunday job) then worked & contributed from the age of 17yrs old, full time., and all N.I.C contributions paid till 2003.
Moved back to France in 2003, my question is, can i claim my UK state pension when i reach retirement age? If yes how do i go about it?
I am 49yrs old this year.
And since moving back to France in 2003 i have worked full time and paid into the french system.
Any kind of help would be grateful, thank you.
Froman

·
Administrator
50,010 Posts
When you reach the age of about 57 or thereabouts the French retirement system will send you a questionnaire asking about your "missing" years. (Unless of course the process has changed by then.)

They'll get back to you with the amount of your French pension. You should also be entitled to your British pension. Apparently there is some consideration of years worked elsewhere.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you reach the age of about 57 or thereabouts the French retirement system will send you a questionnaire asking about your "missing" years. (Unless of course the process has changed by then.)

They'll get back to you with the amount of your French pension. You should also be entitled to your British pension. Apparently there is some consideration of years worked elsewhere.
Cheers,
Bev
Thank you very much Bev, seems i have a few yrs to go then, lol.
i am trying to get things in place so that i don't worry about it later on in life, but thanks for your speedy reply.
Froman

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Just have a question, moved to UK when i was 9yrs old from France, worked and contributed from the age of 13yrs old (from a Sunday job) then worked & contributed from the age of 17yrs old, full time., and all N.I.C contributions paid till 2003.
Moved back to France in 2003, my question is, can i claim my UK state pension when i reach retirement age? If yes how do i go about it?
I am 49yrs old this year.
And since moving back to France in 2003 i have worked full time and paid into the french system.
Any kind of help would be grateful, thank you.
Froman
You can also volunteer to pay Class 3 contributions into the UK system if you wish. You can buy the last six years if you need to catch up. When you are fully paid up they will let you know and then when you reach your retirement age you can claim the full pension. Exactly what I did when we moved to the USA in 1991.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.